Chapter 11: Being There for the Other

Poppy skipped ahead of Branch and Jamie. Jamie would look at Branch and when he looked back at her, she'd quickly look away; Branch would do the same. Jamie had a question lingering in her brain for him and she had to know the answer.

"Quick question," Jamie said.

"What's up?" Branch wondered.

"Was it really the third hug time that made you come after me or was it something else?" she asked.

"Well, yes and no. Yes because you know how I feel about hugs and no because of what you told me. Plus, before the third hug time, I looked at the folded up note you gave me and decided to leave to find you," he answered.

"Have you read it yet?" Jamie asked, rubbing her arm.

"Not yet; I feel bad saying that, but I want to wait until the right moment," Branch said.

"That makes sense. And it's fine. It's just something I want you to know some time in the future," she replied.

"Mind giving me a hint of what it could be?" he asked.

Jamie sighed and explained, "Creek and I haven't been seeing eye to eye on things and I wanted you to know what I plan on doing about it. Plus, some other things that I want you to read for yourself."

"Well, good thing I brought it with me," Branch smiled, making her do the same, then he added, "No matter what you and Creek are going through, I want you to know that I will always be there for you."

Jamie smiled as she linked arms with Branch and responded as she rested her head on his shoulder, "I know you are. And I'll do the same for you."

"What are you guys doing?" Poppy yelled from the front.

They jumped back and blushed like crazy.

"Nothing," they answered.

Poppy just shrugged and continued forward.

"That was close," Branch said.

"Dude, I think she knows that we hang out. She told me the day of the party that I understand you better than the others," Jamie explained.

"Well, that's great that she might know," he stated sarcastically.

"Is sarcasm your first language?" she asked with a smirk.

"You know it," Branch smirked back, kissed her cheek, and walked toward Poppy.

Jamie sighed dreamily and whispered, "If only you knew that I plan to break up with Creek for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Oh snap! Jamie's going to break up with Creek to be with Branch! Crazy!