Chapter 20: The Trolls Have to Find Creek

Bridget made it back to her room and fell on the bed as the Trolls retracted their hair and laid on the bed too.

"I think the king really likes us," Cooper exclaimed.

"I know, right?" Biggie responded.

"That was the greatest day of my life! Thanks, Poppy. Thanks, Jamie. Thanks to all of you! Even you, I guess," Bridget thanked, saving Branch for last.

He frowned a little until he heard Jamie giggle a little. He rolled his eyes with a smirk and elbowed her lightly.

"I just never thought something like that could happen to me. And it just did! I'm so excited I could just scream," Bridget exclaimed as let out a whispered scream.

"Oh, I could scream too! Creek is alive!" Poppy cheered.

"Yay!" the others joined in.

Then they stopped when they heard a shout that didn't sound happy. They turned to see Branch doing that and he stopped, confused.

"Branch, what's wrong?" Poppy wondered.

"Nothing. I thought we were celebrating," Branch answered with a smile.

"That's your happy shout?" Cooper asked.

"It's been a while," Branch pointed out bluntly.

"Well, I like it," Jamie stated, making Branch blush.

"But you're gonna have plenty of practice, because we're gonna save Creek and life will be all cupcakes and rainbows again," Poppy explained.

"Up top!" Branch offered Jamie, but he moved his hand out of the way, and said with a smirk, "Too slow."

The others just laughed while Jamie and Branch smiled at each other.

"Okay, everybody...let's go save Creek," Jamie urged.

They all ran to the door until Bridget blocked it.

"No! No! You can't leave. Lady Glittersparkles is gonna be the king's plus one at dinner," she said.

"The dinner where they're serving troll? Yeah, I think we're gonna have to skip that one," Branch answered.

"No! No, you have to help me be Lady Glittersparkles. I need you," Bridget begged.

"You don't wanna pretend to be someone you're not forever!" Poppy said.

"Then how about just for tomorrow?" Bridget suggested.

"Bridget, you don't need us anymore," Poppy replied.

"You and the king can make each other happy!" Jamie added.

"That's impossible! Only eating a Troll can make you happy. Everyone knows that! I wish I'd never gone on this stupid date!" Bridget cried and ripped her collage.

She sobbed into the pieces of magazines.

"Bridget..." Jamie and Poppy tried to reason.

"Just go! Get out of my room. Leave me alone," Bridget wailed.

"Please, listen," Poppy pleaded.

"Bridget!" Chef screeched from the hole.

"We've gotta go," Branch told the princesses.

"Bridget..." Jamie whispered.

"What's going on down there? Bridget, scrub that dish! The king's bringing a plus one," Chef ordered, dropping a plate on her head.

"Yes, Chef," Bridget answered and continued crying.

Jamie and Poppy felt so bad, but they had to go save Creek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N I feel bad for Bridget in this, but she doesn't need the Trolls anymore.