Chapter 24: "True Colors"

Branch looked at Jamie sadly and he figured that he should read the note she gave him before the party. He unfolded it and read it to himself.

Branch,
There's something I've always wanted to tell you, but I didn't know how to actually say it. So here it is. Creek and I have not been seeing eye to eye on a lot of things. He always complains about how I spend time with you and I would tell him that it's none of his business. I plan to break up with him soon and it's not just because of our arguments. It's mainly because I've fallen in love with someone else. I was never in love with Creek, but I still care about him. But the troll I love has always been there for me, understands me inside and out, doesn't sing, dance, or hug, is fluent in sarcasm, is super sweet, and is the most handsome troll I've ever met. It's you, Branch. I've fallen in love with you. I don't know if you feel the same way or not, but I'd rather you know and not return my feelings than me not tell and you find out too late while I continue arguing with Creek. And remember no matter what you're going through, just call me up, because I'll always be there.
Love,
Jamie

Branch's eyes widened as he looked from the note to Jamie's still depressed form. She's been in love with him even when being with Creek? He folded up the note and put it in his pocket. He knew right then what he had to do.

[Branch:]
"You with the sad eyes"

Jamie's eyes opened and the others looked around. Jamie then looked to see Branch singing.

"Don't be discouraged"

She bowed her head again as Branch approached her and knelt down beside her. He lifted her chin for her to face him as he continued.

"Oh, I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
The darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small"

Her hug alarm went off and Branch opened his arms so she could hug him, but she covered it up. The other trolls' alarms went off and Bridget listened to them. She knew that she had to do the right thing.

"What are you doing? The king is waiting. Get those trolls out there!" Chef commanded, snapping her out her thoughts.

"Sorry, Chef," Bridget apologized then pushed the cart with the pot towards the dining room.

"Oh, you are sorry," Chef groaned.

Back in the pot, Branch gently took Jamie's hands and brought her to her feet.

[Branch:]
"Show me a smile then don't be unhappy,
Can't remember when I last saw you laughing
This world makes you crazy"

As she walked away, he kinda slid on his knees toward her, making her giggle softly then he held out his hand to her.

"And you've taken all you can bear
Just call me up
'Cause I will always be there"

She smiled, remembering that last part, and took his hand. That's when her colors started coming back! Her skin turned back to red, her outfit was once again blue, and her hair was back to brown with yellow highlights!

"And I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you"

Jamie looked at Branch and smiled, as did he. She repositioned their hands to where their palms were facing each other and she did it with the other and that's when Branch's colors returned to him as she began singing!

[Jamie:]
"So don't be afraid"

[Both:]
"To let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful"

That's when they began slow dancing and their eyes stayed locked on the others'. As they sang and danced, the other Trolls regained their colors!

[Branch:]
"I see your true colors
Shining through"

[Jamie:]
("True colors")

[Branch:]
"I see your true colors"

[Both:]
"That's why I love you
So don't be afraid
To let them show"

[Branch:]
"Your true colors"

[Jamie:]
"True colors"

[Both:]
"Are beautiful"

[Branch:]
"Like a rainbow"

[Jamie:]
"Oh, oh, oh...
Like a rainbow"

Cooper played his harmonica as the other trolls gathered around. Jamie and Branch hugged each other and the others did the same to each other.

"Thank you!" Jamie said once they parted, but still held hands.

"No. Thank you," Branch stated.

"For what?" she wondered, confused.

"For showing me how to be happy," he answered, showing her the note she wrote him.

"Really? You're finally happy?" Jamie asked happily then with confusion, "Now?"

"I think so. Happiness is inside of all of us, right? Sometimes, you just need someone to help you find it," Branch explained, smiling.

Jamie returned it.

"What's gonna happen now, Princess Poppy?" one of the children asked the future queen.

"I don't know. But I know we're not giving up," Poppy answered.

Jamie looked back at Branch and gently took his hands.

"By the way, your Grandma was right; your voice is like an angel's," she said.

Branch smiled and responded, "Thanks. I agreed with her for a while, but when I heard you sing, I knew you were the real angel."

Jamie smiled as a single tear went down her face. Branch wiped it away and kissed her, which she returned. It was sweet and gentle and nothing could ruin this for them. Then they felt a slight rumble and the Trolls gathered to the center, a little scared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Yay! Branch and Jamie are together! But now they have to figure a way out of there!