Chapter 5: Branch's Bunker

Branch sat in his bunker, looking at the now fixed invitation as it sang "Celebrate freedom from the Bergens!" He looked at the other other invitations then at the piece of paper Jamie gave him. He was just about to open it when he heard her knock. He put the note in his pocket and shoved the invitation with the others, only for the others to fall and make their noises.

"No! No! No!" Branch begged as he scrambled to put them up.

When her knock didn't work, Jamie decided to bang on the door and shout his name.

"Branch! Branch! Branch! Branch, are you in there? Huh?" she said until the mat opened then he popped up.

"Hey, Jamie. How was the party?" Branch asked.

"The party's over. We just got attacked by a Bergen," Jamie informed.

"I knew it," he said.

He dragged Jamie in and set up the traps he had prepared for Bergens. Once done, they sat in the middle of the floor, surrounded by mousetraps.

"Branch!" Jamie started.

"Shh," Branch interrupted.

"I have to tell you something," she continued.

"Shh," he shushed her again.

"I was just gonna--" Jamie tried to explain.

"Shh! Shh!" Branch told her again.

She rolled her eyes then raised her hand.

"What? What could be so important that it's worth leading the Bergen right to us?" he whispered.

"The Bergen's gone!" she told him.

"You don't know that. It could still be out there. Watching. Waiting. Listening," Branch remarked.

Jamie almost laughed at that part, but kept it to herself and focused on the matter at hand.

"No. It left! It took Cooper, and Smidge, and Fuzzbert, and Satin, and Chenille, and Biggie, and Guy Diamond, and DJ, and Poppy, and Creek!" she exclaimed, more worried about the last two.

(A/N Did anyone else notice she didn't say DJ in the movie? I added it in since she was kidnapped too.)

"Mmm," Branch moaned annoyingly at Creek's name.

"Which is why I have to ask you," she remarked, inhaled, then asked quickly, "Will you go to Bergen Town with me and save everyone?"

"What? No," Branch answered.

"Branch, you can't say no. They're your friends," Jamie pointed out.

"Uh-uh-uh. They're your friends. I'm staying right here in my bunker where it's safe," Branch told her.

"Oh, that's great. You're the one guy who knows more about Bergens than anyone, but when we finally need you, you just want to hide here forever?" she asked.

"Forever? Pfft. No," he replied and pulled a lever.

Jamie groaned as they started going down to the bunker.

"Yeah, you know I really only have enough supplies down here to last me 10 years-11 if I'm willing to store and drink my own sweat. Which I am. They all said I was crazy, huh? Well, who's crazy now? Me. Crazy prepared," Branch explained.

"Look, you and I were right. A Bergen came and attacked us; now my sister, boyfriend, and friends have been taken by it. And now I don't know what to do," Jamie said.

"Poppy could try scrapbooking them to freedom," he remarked.

"Solid burn, Branch," Jamie said, he smirked, then she added, "Well, thanks anyway."

"Hey, anytime, Jamie. See you in 10 years," Branch remarked.

Once she got to the little elevator, she turned around.

"And just so you know, Branch, a real friend would help me, no matter who was in danger," she pointed out.

She pushed the lever and she went up. Branch was a little taken back by this; they were best friends and he would help her, but he mostly kept to himself, so he didn't really feel the need to go. As he walked toward his supplies, he heard the elevator come back down. He turned around to see Jamie at the ceiling.

"Oh, hey, Branch? Just wondering if I could borrow something," she said.

"What?" he wondered.

"Your bunker," Jamie smirked.

"What?" Branch said, confused.

"Okay, everybody. Come on in!" she announced, bringing the lever down.

That's when all the remaining Trolls came down and piled in the bunker. Branch started to panic at what Jamie just did.

"No! No! No! Whoa, wait! Jamie, what are you doing?" he asked.

"You said you have enough provisions to last 10 years, right?" she reminded.

"Yes, to last me 10 years. Me! It'll last them two weeks!" Branch exclaimed.

"Then I guess I better hurry," Jamie remarked and started walking away until she felt him grab her hand.

"Wait, wait, wait! You won't last a day out there," he said.

"And you won't last a day in here," she pointed out.

He looked around to see one of the Trolls chugging down his sweat as others cheered him on and some playing with the bear traps he had for the Bergens. He looked back at Jamie, who just had a smirk on her face.

"Solid burn, returned," she returned and turned to leave.

Branch was surprised that Jamie would do this. He really underestimated her ways of persuasion.

'What a woman,' he thought.

"Uh, Jamie, wait. Please be careful," King Peppy told her.

"Don't worry, Dad. I can do this," she assured then they hugged.

"I love you, Jamie," he said.

"I love you too, Dad," Jamie responded.

As she headed for the elevator, one of the Troll children popped out of King Peppy's hair.

"They grow up so fast," he commented.

"Bye, everybody! See you soon!" Jamie waved.

"Good luck, Princess Jamie!" the Trolls waved as well as Branch looked at her.

"And three, two, one," she counted down, her hug timer went off, and she went up the elevator.

Then everyone's hug timers went off.

"Hug time!" King Peppy announced, now in his underwear.

"No," Branch replied in a panic while Jamie smirked as the elevator lifted her up.

"Hug time! Hug time! Hug time!" the Trolls chanted.

"No! No!" Branch begged until he was engulfed in hugs and Jamie left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Jamie's about to go on a crazy adventure and Branch should join her shortly. Fun.