Chapter 23: The Trolls Lose Their Colors

Back in Branch's bunker, the rest of the Trolls waited for the other's return when they heard something familiar.

"Listen. It's Jamie's cowbell!" King Peppy recognized.

They all ran out cheering towards the noise.

"My baby did it! Jamie did it. Ha-ha," King Peppy announced proudly.

Then when they looked, they saw Creek with Jamie's cowbell.

"Creek?" King Peppy questioned.

Creek put the cowbell down, shrugged, and went into his meditation pose as the Bergen chef placed him on her shoulder. She and the other Bergen cooks smirked.

"Uh-oh," King Peppy said.

The cooks unzipped their pouches and attacked.

Back in Bergen Town, the Bergens chanted "Trollstice" as they entered the castle. Gristle held Bridget's rollerblade, hoping he would see Lady Glittersparkles. Then the Bergen cooks, with their pouches full, approached a large pot.

"Now let's prepare the main course. The trolls!" Chef said as they dumped all the Trolls inside.

Once done, Chef closed the pot and locked it. King Peppy then saw his daughters, but Jamie looked extremely depressed.

"Poppy? Jamie? My girls! Oh, thank goodness you're all right," King Peppy exclaimed, hugging both of them, but Jamie didn't hug back.

"We're okay, Dad," Poppy assured, hugging him back.

"Oh yeah. I'm doing great. I got everybody I love thrown in a pot. Thanks for asking," Jamie remarked sarcastically.

Branch looked sadly at her, knowing this wasn't the troll he fell in love with.

"Jamie? Are you being...sarcastic?" Biggie asked.

"Yes!" Jamie exclaimed, making the others gasp.

"Oh, my gah!" Smidge responded.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I thought I could save you. All I wanted to do was keep everyone safe, like you and Poppy did, Dad. But I couldn't," Jamie explained on the verge of tears.

"Jamie," King Peppy replied.

"I let everyone down," Jamie continued.

She dropped to her knees in the middle of the pot.

Branch sighed and started, "But, Jamie..."

"You were right, Branch. The world isn't all cupcakes and rainbows," Jamie said.

Then Jamie's colors faded away. She was all gray and the others were heartbroken to see this.

"Jamie," Biggie whispered.

Branch was more shocked at this. His best friend has lost hope and because of him. He looked around to see the other Trolls doing the same. He knew this wasn't supposed to happen.

Bridget cleaned the dishes in her room until she glanced at her jumpsuit. She sighed, thinking that without the Trolls, she couldn't be with Gristle.

Gristle sat at his spot for Trollstice, still waiting for Lady Glittersparkles. She didn't show up and he was starting to feel sad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Man this sucks! But now it's time for my favorite part of the movie, just with me in it! 😄