Chapter 22: Creek is a Traitor

The chef put the cage on the counter in the kitchen while Biggie was freaking out.

"Sorry, but I can't have you leaving before tomorrow's dinner. A dinner to which you are all invited. And when I say all, I mean every troll in Troll Village," Chef told them.

"You'll never find them. Not where they're hiding," Jamie stated, making Chef smirk.

"Oh, you're right. I couldn't find them. But I could with someone they know. Someone they trust. Someone...like this guy," Chef said.

She unzipped her pouch and pulled out Creek.

"Creek! You're alive!" Poppy exclaimed while Jamie smiled, relieved and the others except Branch cheered.

But then they were confused as to why he wasn't eaten. Then Branch looked at him angrily.

"He's selling us out!" he accused as he started choking Creek with his hair.

"Branch! Wait! I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation. At least give him a chance," Jamie said, making him stop.

"Thank you, Jamie," Creek thanked then admitted bluntly, "I'm selling you out."

Then Jamie started choking him with her hair. The others tried to get her to stop while Branch just smirked. Then the other trolls finally got her to stop and she and Branch just glared at Creek.

"You better explain yourself, Creek!" Jamie demanded.

"As I was about to accept my fate, I had what I can only describe as a spiritual awakening," Creek explained.

After He Was "Eaten"

"I don't wanna die!" Creek yelled, grabbing Gristle's uvula.

Gristle spat out Creek in his hands.

"Don't eat me. Eat someone else. Anyone else. Everyone else. But not me!" Creek begged.

"But the king wants to be happy now," Chef pointed out.

"Wait! Wait! There must be some other way. I'll do anything," Creek promised.

Chef thought about it then smirked from her idea.

Back to the Trolls

"No! Creek, please don't do this," Jamie pleaded.

"Believe me. I wish there was some other me-not-getting-eaten way," Creek answered.

"But there isn't," Chef said, sharpening her knives.

"And now I have to live with this for the rest of my life. At least you get to die with a clear conscience. So, in a way, you could say, I'm doing this for you," Creek explained, caressing Jamie's cheek.

She smacked his hand away, but he got her cowbell and booped her nose.

"Well, I was planning on doing this anyway, but I didn't want to hurt your feelings. But now that I see who you really are, that doesn't matter. We're done," Jamie stated.

"What? Why?" Creek demanded.

"What do you mean 'Why?' You're selling us out so you don't get eaten. I now see that you always looked out only for yourself and there's only been one troll who has been beside me no matter what. And that's not you. I hope you get eaten," Jamie explained, growling at the end.

At first, Creek looked heartbroken, but then he just shrugged and left with Chef to get the other trolls. Jamie was now fully depressed, knowing she failed her mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Creek is a JERK!!! Anyone second that?