The Other Girl

"Love, wake up." I hear him say and shaking me awake.

I groan and stir in the sheets.

"Bronx, come on." He says. "Your phone won't stop ringing."

I finally open an eye to peek at him. God, he looks so perfect. I smile to myself and throw an arm over my eyes shielding me from the sun. "Morning," I say in a scratchy voice, still smiling.

He smiles at me. "Hello, beautiful. Do you know what time it is?"

I shake my head in response.

"It's noon love. John's been calling." He says.

"Ughhh text him and text him I'm at Aspen's," I grumble.

"You sure?" He asks.

I nod snuggling back into the bed. I feel the weight of the bed being lifted and a few minutes later it returns to the normal state. I feel Damien's fingers running through my hair and I move closer to him, placing my head on his chest.

"How are you?" He asks.

"Still feeling like shit," I say referring to my break up with Jack.

"I told you he wasn't good enough for you," Damien says and I can see a smirk on his face.

I slap his chest and he groans. "Not the time to be a smart ass."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He says and returns to combing my hair with his fingers.

"You don't have to tell me about whatever this marriage thing if you don't want to," I tell him.

No matter how badly I want to know.

"I'm going to tell you." He says and I sit up to look at him.

He runs a hand over his face before starting.

"Three years ago, my father's business started going down. Yours' started rising." He says referring to my father who is by far the richest man on the east coast and he lives in fricken Connecticut

"Well my dad, for the past three years have been trying to find a way to join his business with a stronger one. He found one, the DeRelego's. They have a daughter named Princeton and she's sixteen. She's the girl I'm supposed to marry but, she fled the country and no one can find her. So, he said he was going to get in touch with your father a few days ago. I wasn't allowed to say anything. That's why my parents acted weird when they saw you." He explains.

"You mean to tell me," I start. "That I might have to marry you?"

"Well, no and yes. When's your birthday?" He asks.

"Damien, planning my birthday party isn't important right now."

"Bronx." He says giving me a serious look.

"Fine, it's October seventh, why?" I ask

"You'll be eighteen, so you'll be able to make your own decisions. You won't have to marry me. I'm already eighteen." He explains.

"My dad is a tricky man, Damien. He'll find a way around it if he wants this happening." I tell him.

"Well pray that your dad wants you to have a normal life." He says.

I sigh and pull my curls into a ponytail. I look back up at him. He's smiling at me. "What?"

He shakes his head a little. "You're just...amazing."

I feel myself blush. "Damien."

He smiles and his phone goes off. He checks it and I faintly see a smile on his face hut it disappears as quickly as it came. "Sorry Love but I need to take you home. I need to do something."