First Kiss

"There is my little celebrity sister and her celebrity friend!" Nate exclaims loudly as Maddie and I walk into the cafeteria at lunch time. All heads turn in our direction and Maddie and I glance at each other as we sit down at his table with Cole, the evil Naomi and her best friend Fawn. Along with them, there were two of the best players on the lacross team. At the other tables surrounding us, there were lacross players and their girlfriends who were having their own conversations but would occasionally glance at us. They struggled to listen to our conversation and to keep up with their own. I look around the cafeteria and way off in the back, sitting alone was Abigail reading her book. I get up, bringing my lunch box with me.

"Vinny, where are you going?" Maddie asks and I wave my hand distractedly around in the air.

"I'll be right back." I leave them and weve throught the table. I see people giving me surprised looks. It's been a month since school started and I have learnt that once you're at the popular table, you don't leave until Nate kicks you out to make room for someone even more popular. There are exceptions for those that can't really get kicked out like Cole and Maddie who are really close to him.

"Hey, Abigail." I sit beside her and she looks up from her book, slightly suprised.

"Um, hi?" She repeats and I laugh at her face.

"What are you reading?"

"Breaking Dawn. You know, from the Twilight series."

"Cool. That was my favorite book in the series. Renesmee is such a pretty name." I take a bite out of my wrap, wrinkling my nose. I hate bread and wraps but it was part of my dance diet. Portia created a menu for us so that way we would get all of our nutrition. 

"I guess." She says, still kind of confused. "No offence, but why are you here?"

"They were getting boring and I saw you all alone." I shrug. 

"Vinny, what are you doing?" Maddie asks, coming to sit beside me.

"I was talking with a friend."

"You two know each other?"

"We met on the first day I got here. Do you two know each other?"

"Yeah, she's in my art class, right? We did the project on Edgar Degas together." Maddie asks and Abigail nods her her. Maddie breaks into a smile and they beging to talk together, leaving me out. I don't really mind because I have to focus ohn eating my sandwich. Just as I'm about to take a bite, my phone starts to ring. I sigh and put my wrap down, sliding my phone out of my pocket. 

"Hello?"

"Vienna?"

"Oh, hi dad." I say as I get up from the table. Maddie shoots me a look and I walk out of the cafeteria.  "What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you wanted to come to London for the break in a few weeks. That is, if you're not too busy with dance."

"My dance team is going to be in London in three weeks for the One Direction concert but I'm sure you already know that." I tell him and he coughs. 

"Yes, I did. Would you rather stay a week longer before of after?"

"I have school, dad."

"School?" He repeats and I roll my eyes, even thought he can't see me.

"Yes, dad. School. You know that place I go to five days a week to learn stuff that I'm never going to use in life?"

"Alright, love. How long are you in London?"

"A week and a half, I think." 

"Do you dance everyday while you're here?"

"No, only for about five out of the twelve days."

"Okay, I'll just try to find a time to see you." He sighs and I kind of feel bad for him. He tried to spend as much time with me as he can but both of us are always so busy that we can never really able to find the time. He always tries his best but our schedules clash too much. I was actually kind of sad.

"Okay. I'll reserve a day for you and you can take me out to the London Eye again." I tell him. When I was little, he would take me out to the London Eye all the time and it kind of become our place. I can basically see him smiling from the other end of the line.

"Okay. We will definately do that." He laughs and I grin to myself.

"Well, I have to go. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you too." I press the little red sign on my iPhone and watch the screen dissolve.

"Who do you love? Got a secret boyfriend back home in London?" I hear someone behind me say and I almost jump out of my skin.

"Geez, Nate. Couldn't you give me a warning?" I laugh, clutching my heart and turning to look at him.

"You didn't answer my question." He actually looked kind of mad.

"Well, you didn't answer mine."

"I asked you first."

"Fine. No, Nate I don't have a boyfriend. That was my dad. He was calling to see if I wanted to come to London in a few weeks but I'm already there thanks to dance." I tell him and he nods. "Your turn."

"No, I couldn't of given you a warning. It is much more fun with out it." I smirks and winks, walking closer to me. "You're hot when you're surprised."

"Real smooth." I laugh and then make the mistake to look up into his eyes. I swoon as I get lost in his blue eyes, surprised at how light and clear they were. He leans down and his lips lightly touch mine. I bring my arms up so they are around his neck and kiss him back.

"What the hell, Nate! That is my best friend!" I hear someone yell and I jump away from him, furiously blushing. I look over at Maddie by the door way and Cole behind her, trying really hard to hold in his laughter. 

"Well, you have my friend so I get yours." Nate shrugs and Cole bursts out laughing. Even I have to admit that was kind of funny. 

"If you break her heart, I will break you. You got it?" She glares at him and then grabs my arm, dragging me back into the cafeteria. "I can't believe you just snogged my brother infront of the entire school!"

"It wasn't infront of the entire school." I protest.

"That door was made of glass, Einstein. It was infront of the entire school." She says as we sit back down at the table across from Naomi and Fawn who were shooting daggers at my head with their eyes. I look back at the door and they were indeed transparent. I slam my head down on the table and groan while Maddie pats my back. 

"That is so embarrassing." I complain then turn my head to look at her. "Wait, so you aren't mad?" 

"No. As he said before: I have his best friend and he has mine."