Rodchenko Dance Championships, Perth, Australia

"Dad!" I exclaim and run towards the man wearing sunglases. I wrap my arms around him and he does the same with me, pulling me close. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I talked to your mother and she told me about you joining a dance crew and about your competition this weekend so I decided that I would take a few days off and come see it." He shrugs, letting me go. People were starting to whisper and stare considering there was Simon Cowell hugging some random girl in the middle of a lobby at a dance competition in Australia.

"Vinny, are you coming?" I hear Maddie call out and I turn around just to see her stop in her tracks and stare at me.

"Maddie, this is my dad. Dad, this is my best friend Maddie." I introduce them awkwardly.My dad smiles at her but she just gawks at me. "Well, we have got to go. I guess I'll see you later."

"You didn't tell me that your dad was Simon Cowell!" She whisper-yells when I pull her away from the scene. 

"Sorry but you never asked." I point out and I can feel her glaring at my back. Ignoring the people watching us, we push throught the crowds of dancers and their parents to go to our change room.

"What took you so long? Vienna you went out to get water and it took you over 15 minutes when the fountain is right down the hall!" Ivy scolds me and I smirk sheepishly.

"She ran into her dad." Maddie tells them.

"I thought your dad lived in London." Peyton looks at me confused with only one eye that had makeup on it.

"He does but her dad is ruddy Simon Cowell! He can do what he wants!" Maddie stomps towards one of her costume rack.

"Simon Cowell?!" Ivy screeches and everyone in the room shrinks away from her. "Why didn't oyu tell us?"

"You never asked and it's not as if it's very important."

"Next thing she's going to be telling us is that her godmother is Paula Abdul." Maddie pulls her dress over top her head. "Wait, she isn't, is she?"

"No!" I laugh and roll my eyes.

"Good. I think I would have a heart attack if she was." Maddie says and I laugh.

"Girls! Why aren't you dressed for you solo's?" Portia comes into the room. "You are on in an hour and we have people that want to interview you!"

"Interviews?" Ivy asks and all our heads turn towards her.

"Yes, interviews. It's not every fourteen year old that is able to make an international dance team. People obviously want to get to know you. We have even been getting calls about having our own reality TV show. Now move it!"

"Okay, sorry!" Peyton yells after Portia as she exits the room. 

I head over to my clothes rach and pick out my jazz solo costume. This weekend, we only have three dances each: a jazz solo, a lyrical solo and a ballet group. I am most excited for my jazz solo since my costume is absolutely amazing! My song for my jazz solo is Gettin' Over You by David Guetta & Chris Wills ft. Fergie and LMFAO. It is such a fun and up beat song. For my costume, I have black shorts with a chiffon tail and gold belly dancing bra-type shirt that has gold coins flapping around everywhere. With that, I get to wear tan foot thongs since, as always, there are a lot of tricks, jumps and turns involved and when I do my tricks, I would slip if I were wearing jazz shoes. I carefully slide on the shirt then the shorts, followed by my foot thongs. I do a smoky eyes and super red lipstick and a little foundation. I put my hair up in a high ponytail and curl it, spraying it with hairspray. 

"Are you guys ready to go?" I ask, turning to them, zipping up my blue sweater.      

 "Yes!" They all chorus and we leave the room, seeing and impatient Portia approaching the door once again. She sees us and ushers us past a bunch of nervous and glaring dancers. We go into the main lobby and are left to stand in the middle of the room.