Bonfire

"Congratulations on getting into dance school girls! I knew you could do it!" A random girl comes up to Maddie and I late into the night.

"Thanks!" We chorus and she walks away, shaking her hips to the beat.

"Who was that?" I ask.

"Um, Melody, I think. Or Melanie. Something like that." She shrugs as we continue to dance. I feel arms wrap around my waist and turn me around. I bump into the person's chest and look up.

"Hey, Nate. Nice to see you." I giggle, slightly drunk. We sway together to the beat of the music around the fire. 

"Nice to see you too, Britain." He smirks. 

"This is so much fun! We should do this more often!" I put my arms around his neck and yell over the music.

"Well, we would but it would get boring after a while."

"So sensible." I roll my eyes at him, making him chuckle. 

"So smart." He replies and I giggle, pulling away from him and looking around.

"Abigail! Where were you this week! I missed you!" I stumble over to her and she looks at me surprised.

"I thought you forgot about me, to be honest." She says, completely sober.

"Ha! You were the first person I met here, I wouldn't forget you!" I pat her head and one of her friends gives her a weird look. "Dance with me!"

***

"Ouch!" I yell, sitting up too quickly in my bed. I rub my head and slowly get up, going towards the bathroom and swallowing some pills to calm my headache with a glass of water. I strip down and step into the shower to rub away my smudged make-up and to soothe my sore muscles. The last thing I remember is Abigail bringing me home after we dance for what seemed to be forever. I partied with everyone, from Nate, Maddie, Abigail and Cole to people I didn't know. I had so much fun!

I step out and quickly wrap myself in a giant fluffy towel, slipping on purple boxer shorts and a gray t-shirt, I tie my hair back in a braid and leave the bathroom to go into my bedroom. I pick up a random magazine off the table and begin to read it on a couch until I hear a tap on my patio doors. I groan and turn around to see Maddie waving at me from the outside. I scowl at her as I unlock the doors and she comes bounding in. 

"If you make too much noise, I'm kicking you out."

"Hungover?" She asks and I nod, going back to my magazine. She sends me an amused smile and joins me, also picking up a magazine. We read quietly for about 30 seconds until she decides to start talking again. "Aren't you so excited to go to Cambridge Academy? It's going to be so much fun. Did you know we are going to perform in Europe and America this year? I can't wait. I've never been out of Oceania."

"That's nice." I reply blankly.

"So where are you most excited to go?"

"I didn't read the entire schedule yet so I don't know where we're even going."

"What?! Stop reading that and go get it!" She squeals and I flinch away from her loud voice.

"Hush!" I snap. "Fine. Just calm down." 

I trudge towards my desk and look throught a few papers, finally finding the fat envelope containing all the information. I flip up the giant flap and take out the papers to take a look. I file throught them until I find th intinerary. 

October 15th -- LMFAO in Sydney, Australia

October 23rd -- Cher Llyod in Melbourne, Australia

October 24th -- Cher Llyod in Sydney, Australia

November 3rd to 14th -- One Direction in England and Ireland

November 15th -- Ed Sheeran in London

November 19th -- Ed Sheeran in Dublin

November 21rst -- One Direction in Paris

November 25th -- Pixie Lott in London

I continue to read down the list, realizing that we were going to be doing alot of performances for alot of different people, which obviously meant that we would need to learn lots of different dances in a very short amount of time. To be honest, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to keep up. We are doing alot of concerts in Australia and a few in Europe but what surprised me most is that we had alot to do in America later on in the year. Los Angeles, New York City, Miami, Las Vegas, San Diego, San Francisco, Jacksonville, Hollywood, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, Calgary: you name it, we were there.

"That is alot of traveling." I tell her, wide-eyed. "We might have to consider doing online schooling. We are going to be missing more than half of the year with all the traveling."

"I thought the same thing." She replies sadly. "The school has an online program so we could study abroad but when we are in town, we could go to school like normal and we wouldn't be behind. Would you do that?"

"Yes, would you?"

"Definately. Let's talk with Principal Andrews about it tommorow." She tells me with a determined look on her face. I agree and continue to read the information package. You must take a minimum of 27 hours of dance a week and you can always book the studio for extra practices. During the week, the schedule is made for you and it comes to a total of twenty one and a half hours so you have to find another time to do another five and a half hours, completing your 27 hours. On Saturdays and Sundays, there are instructors who come and go all day to help you and you can just drop-in but during the week you have to make an appointment since there might be classes or another group's scheduled practice going on. During the scheduled practices, the entire team has to show up and practice group dances unless they are told that they don't need to come. Not everyone will perform in every single performance.

The more I read, the more nervous I became. Not only do we have to learn dances to do for concerts or TV shows, we also have to learn dance for competitions. Yup. I am definately, extremely nervous.