Chapter 55

Hey guys! So a lot of people Have been commenting that Mal's pregnant. Well, here's the chapter to find out.....

The nurses had just took Mal away, leaving Ben by himself. The others were on their way, each person taking their own car.

"Can I go with them?" Ben asked the nurse at the front desk.

"I'm sorry sir, no one that is not a doctor or nurse can go back there," The nurse said.

"I'm the king and her husband!" Ben said slamming his fist on the counter.

"Ben!" Evie ran over to him. 

"They won't let me see her," Ben said angrily.

"Come on," Evie said taking his hand. "Let's go to the waiting room. The others are already there."

Ben sighed and nodded, reluctantly walking with her.

"Don't worry Ben, Mal will be okay," Jay said when he saw Evie and Ben walk in.

"How do you know that?" Ben asked sitting down running his hands through his hair. Everyone was quiet for a moment.

"Because she's a fighter," Carlos finally said. The others nodded. 

"She's a fighter," Ben whispered to himself.

*10 Hours Later*

"King Ben?" A nurse came out and looked around.

"I'm here, I'm here!" Ben came running down the hall. He had decided to go see if he could find out anything about Mal.

"Lady Mal is stable," She said.

"Really? That's great!" Ben said with a sigh of relief.

"What was wrong?" Evie asked standing up from where she was sitting.

"She just had the flu," The nurse said.

"That's it? Just the flu?" Jay asked his brow furrowing. "How come she fainted?"

"Dehydration. Apparently the Auradon Flu made Lady Mal very sick. But the best medicine for her now is to rest, and get plenty of fluids. Make sure she eats at least a little. It may be hard for her to keep things down the for next couple days, but she will get well," The nurse said before starting to walk away.

"Wait! Can I see her?" Ben asked.

"Of course. But she is resting, so try not to wake her," the nurse said and Ben nodded. "Please follow me."

Ben nodded again and gave the others a wink before following the young nurse. 

"Please let Mal get better," Evie whispered under her breath.

****************************************************************************

"I just want to let you know, there is an IV in her arm," The nurse said as they arrived at Mal's hospital room door. "So if you're going to hug her, don't pull out her IV accidentally."

"Okay, got it," Ben said as she opened the door.

"I'll be back soon. Only one or two visitors at a time," The nurse said before she headed down the hall.

"Yeah, that'll never happen," Ben muttered as he stepped in. What he saw was horrifying..... 

(HEHEHEHEHEHE, just kidding, I won't stop it there)

Ben frowned at the sight of his fiance. He now realized she had been using makeup to hide the bags under her eyes, and the paleness of her skin. "Mal, why do you do this to yourself," He whispered walking over to her. He knew that Mal knew she was sick, but didn't want anyone to worry so she hid it, typical Mal. 

What wasn't typical was that she didn't tell Evie about it. Mal told Evie everything. It struck Ben as weird that she wouldn't tell her best friend about this, unless she had something else to hide. 

As soon as Ben sat in the chair next to her Mal's eyes flew open. "Ben," she said.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here, I'm here," He said and gathering her in his arms as she started crying. What had happened? Why was his strong, butt kicking, stubborn fiance acting like this. "The doctor says it's just the flu."

Mal looked away. "Unless there's more.... There is more, isn't there Mal?" Ben asked. Mal just nodded numbly and wiped her eyes. Ben gave her a tissue, and she blew her nose. 

"Well?" Ben asked and brought Mal's face up so that she could look into his eyes.

"Ben.... I was.... I was pregnant," Mal said as she bit her lip, trying to keep from crying.

Bam! You guys are gonna get so mad at me..... But hey, it'll all be explained in the next chapter, so hang with me. 

I just want you guys to know that you are the people who did this. I was just gonna have it be the flu, but then everyone was commenting that she was pregnant. So.... Yeah....