Chapter 3

"Evie, what do you say we go out?" Doug asked as he walked into her dorm room.

"I would say I'd love to, but I have to get these dresses done," Evie said walking out of her closet.

"How many more do you have?" He asked.

"Only four," Evie said as she grabbed more fabric.

"Are you sure you don't want to go out? It's a beautiful night," Doug asked hugging Evie from behind. 

"Doug, I have to get these done," she said shivering as she felt his warm breath on her neck.

"Or, you could spend some time with me," Doug said kissing her neck.

"Mal will be back soon," Evie said.

"I'll take my chances," Doug said and made a trail of kisses until he found Evie's pink lips.

"You know... I guess I could finish the dresses tomorrow," Evie said slowly.

"Mhmm," Doug said.

"What time do you think Mal will be back?" Evie said and Doug smiled. He kissed her and she kissed him back.

"You sure?" Doug asked.

"Doug, I love you. And besides, I think I can handle it," Evie said.

"Oh, no. You can't handle this. This, this is too much man for you to handle," Doug said gesturing to his body. Evie laughed and kissed him again. This time, he didn't hesitate to kiss back.

And for once in Evie's life, everything was perfect, or so she thought. Little did she know that that night would change her life forever.

The next morning....

Evie woke up to see Doug snoring quietly on the other side of the bed. She quietly stood up and grabbed one of her outfits before retreating to the bathroom to change.

When she got out she found Doug dressed and smiling at her.

"Told you you would enjoy spending time with me. Maybe we can do it again sometime," Doug asked. Evie smiled.

"We have to get to class," Evie said as she fixed Doug's hair.

"I'll take that as a yes," Doug said and pulled her in for a kiss.

"You're going to be late for Calculus. See you later," Evie said pulling away.

"Are you kicking me out?"

"Yes," Evie said giggling. Doug gave her a quick peck on the cheek before walking towards the door.  

"By the way, Mal didn't come back last night," Doug said and then left. Evie stopped and looked at Mal's made bed. Doug was right, Mal didn't come back last night.....