Chapter 52

"Hide me!" Jay said ducking behind Evie. 

"Jay, go into the closet!" Evie said.

"What? Why?"

"Just do it!" Mal said and pushed him in before shutting the door quickly. As soon as she did that Lonnie came in the room.

"Have either of you seen Jay?" She asked angrily.

"N-No, why would we have seen him?" Evie asked nervously. 

"Because I saw him come in this room," Lonnie said rolling her eyes. "And you look nervous."

"Me? Nervous? I'm not nervous," Evie said. 

"Very convincing," Mal whispered to her, and then turned to Lonnie. "What did he do?"

"He won't let me lead R.O.A.R. anymore!" Lonnie said crossing her arms. Mal gave Evie a look. 

"Mood swings?" she asked quietly and Evie nodded. 

"Listen, Lonnie, I'm sure Jay has his reasons. You're supposed to be on bed rest anyway aren't you?" Evie asked.

"Yeah, but that's different. Oh, when I see him!" Lonnie yelled. Just then a whimper was heard from the closet. "What was that?"

"Oh, that... That was me. I have something in my throat. See," Mal said coughing.

"No, not that. It sounded like it was coming from the closet," Lonnie said walking towards Evie's closet.

"You don't want to go in there!" Evie said leaning against the door.

"Why no?" Lonnie asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because it's very messing. Yes, very messy," Evie said nodding to herself.

"Yeah, sure, move aside," Lonnie said and grabbed the door.

"Fine, you win, he's-" Mal started to say as Lonnie opened to door to reveal a closet full of clothes. She looked around and didn't see Jay. "Not here...." Mal said with a sigh of relief.

Lonnie raised an eyebrow at Evie and Mal, and they smiled nervously.

"Okay, you're clear. If you see him, tell him I need to talk to him," Lonnie said.

"Will do. If we see him, which we won't..." Evie said chuckling nervously.

"Smooth," Mal whispered elbowing her. "Bye!" She said to Lonnie. Lonnie just shook her head and walked out of the room glaring. 

"That was too close," Evie said.

"I'll say," Mal said shaking her head. Jay then appeared in front of them. 

"Ah!" Evie jumped.

"Where did you come from?" Mal asked.

"The ceiling," He said shrugging.

"You climbed the ceiling so that she wouldn't find you?" Evie asked in disbelief.

"Hey, it worked didn't it?" Jay asked before someone grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"Yeah, not so much," Mal said. Jay gulped and turned to find Lonnie.

"We're going to have a little talk," Lonnie said and then dragged Jay out of the room.

"Help me!" Jay whispered.

Mal shook her head. "Send me an invite to your funeral!" she called after them.

"Mal!" Evie said smacking her friend's arm.

"Yeah, you're right......... Send Evie one too!" She said.