Chapter 46

GENDER REVEAL!!!!!!

"On the count of three," Ben said.

"ONE! TWO! THREE!" They all shouted and Evie and Doug pulled the string.

And... This happened....

"A boy!" Evie shouted

"A boy!" Evie shouted. Doug laughed and spun her around as the others cheered. 

"We're having a son Evie!" Doug said. Evie nodded and kissed him. 

"Awwww," Jane and Lonnie said as Jay and Carlos made gagging noises. 

Mal looked at Ben and he smiled at her. She knew that look. He was hoping, someday, that they would be making the same announcement to their family and friends.

"Can we have cake now?" Carlos asked and the others laughed.

"Yes Carlos, now we can have cake," Evie said. Mal started going back inside but Ben stopped her.

"Hey..." He said.

"Hey yourself," she said smiling.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You just seem a little... Off...."

"Positively A okay," Mal said. Ben raised an eyebrow at her.

"Mal....."

"I'm just.... I know I should be happy for Evie and Doug.... But I really wish that was us," Mal said watching Doug whispering in Evie's ear while she laughed.

"I know. And it will be... Someday.... But for right now, let's just enjoy being us," Ben said wrapping his arms around her waist bringing her close to him.

Mal nodded sadly. "I love you," Ben said bending forward a little so their foreheads touched.

"I love you too," Mal said. 

"Good. Now let's go celebrate. And, just think.... In about four months, you'll be an aunt, and you'll be able to spoil this kid rotten."

"Mhmm, then he'll be spoiled rotten to the core," Mal said. 

"Ah, I see what you did there," Ben said and put his arm around her shoulder as they walked.

"You did? And what did I do?" Mal asked laughing a little.

"You know exactly what you do," Ben said tickling her side. Mal punched his arm and caught up with the others. 

The party lasted for six hours after that, and ended at 7 o'clock in the evening. 

"See you tomorrow," Carlos said to Evie and Doug before he left with Jane. 

"I was wondering if you would take care of our gender reveal Evie?" Lonnie asked.

"I would love too," Evie said hugging her friend. "When are you two finding out?"

"Not for another four weeks," Lonnie said sadly.

"Time will pass quickly, trust me," Evie said and they both laughed.

"When are you and Doug moving in together?" Lonnie asked Evie in a side manner.

"Soon, hopefully before the baby gets here," Evie said glancing at her fiance.

"Okay, well, see you later," Lonnie said and waved. Jay also waved and they left.

Mal helped Evie clean up. 

"So, what were you and Doug talking about?" Mal asked smirking.

"None of your business M," Evie said blushing a little. 

"I was thinking about moving in with Ben soon. I mean, we're already getting married, so it won't be that big of a deal," Mal said knowing that the whole 'moving in with Doug' thing was bothering her. 

"Thanks Mal. I really appreciate it. But me and Doug have been talking, and we decided not to raise the baby at Auradon Prep."

"Where are you gonna live?"

"Well, there's a castle not too far from Ben's for sale. We were thinking of buying it."

"Really? That would be awesome E!"

"Yeah. I know. We're just hoping everything works out with the whole finance thing."

"I'm sure it will. Evie's4Hearts has made a lot of money."

Evie smiled. "But, since the baby's gonna be born before graduation, I'm still gonna talk to Ben about me moving in with him, and Doug moving in with you. Then Jay and Carlos can work out the whole situation with Lonnie," Mal said throwing away some napkins.

"Thanks M, that means a lot."

"Anything for you. So, have you considered any names?"

"Well, we've already ruled out Jay and Carlos," Evie said.

"Seriously? The guys asked you already?"

"Yes. Jay asked me today, and Carlos asked me last week."

"Let me guess. They said, 'Hey Evie, can you name your kid after me if it's a boy?'" Mal asked. They both laughed.

"Almost exactly like that," Evie said. 

"You ready to go?" Ben asked Mal. 

"I was waiting for you and Doug to stop gazing into each other's eyes," Mal joked. Ben rolled his eyes.

"See you later Evie," Ben said. Mal hugged her.

"See you back at the dorms," Mal said. Evie nodded.

"Bye!" Doug said and then went over to Evie. "So, what do you think about naming our son-"

"If you say any of the guys names, I swear I'm going to kill you," Evie said.

Doug chuckled nervously. "Heh, heh, never mind. Shall we go?"

"We shall. I love you," she said taking his hand.

"I love you too," Doug said and kissed her lips before the two left.

And he'll always be, spoiled to the core, spoiled to the core......