Chapter 45

Devie anyone?

GENDER REVEAL PREP TIME!

Evie and Doug decided to have a surprise gender reveal. So, they went to the doctor when Evie was 19 weeks pregnant, got the gender in an envelope, and gave it to Mal. 

"Are you sure you want me to do this?" Mal asked taking the envelope.

"There isn't anyone else I'd rather it be," Evie said smiling. 

"Okay, the gender reveal is in a week," Doug said giving Mal the checklist of stuff she needed to get ready.

"Thanks. I won't disappoint you," Mal said smiling.

"I never think you will," Evie said and hugged her. 

"See you later," Mal said and waved. She had to go get the stuff ready. 

During the week, this is what happened....

Mal had everyone cast their votes, boy or girl. 

Lonnie ~ Girl
Jane ~ Girl
Jay ~ Boy
Carlos ~ Girl
Ben ~ Boy
Evie ~ Boy
Doug ~ Girl

And Mal, she didn't get to vote, because she knew what it was. Then Evie made these for her and Doug.

 Then Evie made these for her and Doug

And this for Mal...

Next, Mal had to decorate... Not her strongest suit, so she recruited Lonnie and Jane to help her. They decided to have the actual gender reveal in the garden, because Mal got a balloon with the color confetti the baby's gender was, pink or blue. So, they set up the cupcakes, food, and drinks in the ballroom, and then set the balloon up outside.

This is what they came up with....

And, Mal bought this...

Soon, it was Saturday, the day for the gender reveal. Mal went over everything to make sure it was perfect.

"It looks great Mal!" Evie said walking in.

"You really think so?" Mal asked. Evie nodded excitedly.

"I'm so excited to find out the gender!" Evie said.

"Well, you'll be surprised, that's for sure," Mal said. 

"Thanks for doing this M."

"Anything for you E," Mal said hugging her best friend.

Lonnie, Jay, Doug, Carlos, Ben, and Jane soon arrived and they decided to play some games and eat, then do the gender reveal. 

So, after about an hour of playing and eating, they headed out to the garden. Mal revealed the big balloon and brought it over to Evie and Doug. 

"Here. Now, you pull this and it will pop," Mal said handing them the string. 

"Okay," Evie and Doug nodded. 

"On the count of three," Ben said.

"ONE! TWO! THREE!" They all shouted and Evie and Doug pulled the string.

It was a.......

What?!?!?!? A CLIFFHANGER?! 

Question: What gender do you think the baby is?

Find out next chapter!