Chapter 15

"Hey Ben," Jay said as he walked into Ben's office.

"Hey Jay. What's up?" Ben asked. 

"Have you noticed the girls acting a little weird lately?" 

"Not really. I haven't really been spending a lot of time with them," Ben said going through his paperwork.

"Lonnie was acting different when I saw her today...."

"Maybe she's just having an off day."

"Maybe...."

"Guys!" Carlos shut Ben's office door quickly.

"What?" Ben asked standing up.

"Mal's having a major meltdown. I asked her if she could watch Dude while I went on a date with Jane and she burst into tears," Carlos said.

"She hasn't been feeling good, that's all," Ben said. 

"Are you sure that's all it is?" Jay asked raising an eyebrow at Ben.

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"Well, you haven't exactly been spending time with her...." Carlos said.

"Yes I have. We just spent time together when we were having brunch with Cinderella and Prince Charming," Ben said. Jay and Carlos both raised their eyebrows at him. "Oh...."

"Yeah. Maybe she feels neglected," Jay said.

"I mean, she's had a rough time with this whole princess thing," Carlos said.

"I'm a horrible boyfriend...." Ben said putting his head in his hands.

"Don't feel bad. I heard Evie yelling at Doug the other day," Jay said. 

"Ben, we need to talk," Mal said bursting into his office. "Oh, sorry," she said when she saw Jay and Carlos. Carlos eeped and jumped into Jay's arms. Jay dropped him.

"We were just leaving," Jay said and grabbed Carlos by the back of his shirt. "Let's go," he whispered. Carlos nodded and the two walked out.

"Listen Mal, I know what this is about," Ben said.

"You do?" Mal asked.

"Yes. I know I've been a horrible boyfriend. But please, rethink this...."

"What are you talking about?"

"We've been through a lot. I don't want to stop that now. Don't break up with me.... Please...."

"Ben. I'm not breaking up with you," Mal said.

"You're not?" Ben asked walking back to his desk.

"No..."

"Oh.... I knew that."

"But I do need to talk to you."

"Give me a minute," Ben said and put some papers away. "Okay.... You have my full and undivided attention."

"Great.... I found out why I havent been feelling good lately."

"Really? Why?"

"Because I'm...."

"King Ben, Princess Audrey is here to see you," Ben's assistant said and let Audrey walk in. 

"Um, Audrey, we're in the middle of something...." Ben said.

"I won't be but a minute," Audrey said.

"It's fine.... I'll come back later," Mal said. 

"You don't have to Mal," Ben said.

"See you later," Mal said and awkwardly left.

As soon as they were sure she was gone...

"Audrey, I love you so much.. I thought she would never leave," Ben said.

"I love you too," Audrey said.

(Just kidding, just kidding..... Like that would ever happen. In reality..... )

"Did you get it?" Audrey asked. Ben nodded and pulled out the engagement ring he had for Mal.

"Ben.... It's beautiful...."

"Thanks, Doug helped me make it."

"Mal will love it."

"I hope so.... You didn't notice anything off about her did you?" Ben asked putting the ring away.

"You know.... Now that you mention it...."