Chapter 4

"Hey man, how was your date with Lonnie?" Carlos asked when he saw Jay walking into the dorm room.

"We had to cancel. Lonnie's Grandmother is sick," Jay said.

"Sorry," he said as he got his history books.

"You helping Jane with more library books today?" Jay asked smirking.

"I'm never gonna live this one down am I?"

"Nope," Jay said flopping onto his bed.

"Don't you have class?"

"Nope. Teacher's sick. I don't have class until 10," Jay said.

"Lucky."

"See you later man," Jay said as Carlos walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mal walked out of Ben's office and turned to see Evie waiting for her.

"Hey E. What's up?" Mal asked.

"You tell me. You didn't come back to our dorm last night," Evie said slightly worried.

"I meant to text you. Our dinner ran late and Rapunzel and Eugene offered to let us stay with them. Ben agreed so we stayed. It's not a big deal," Mal said. Evie nodded but knew her friend was lying. 

"Okay....." Evie said raising an eyebrow.

"I've got to get to class, see you later?"

"Of course," Evie said hugging her best friend. Mal started walking away when Evie stopped her. "M," she said.

"Yeah?" Mal turned around.

"I'm here if you need to talk," Evie said.

"I know," Mal said and then turned and walked to class. Evie sighed and put her backpack on her back. She'd have to talk to Mal later, right now she needed to get to Chemistry class.