Chapter 29

"See you later Doug," Evie said kissing his cheek as they reached her and Mal's dorm. 

"Okay. Text or call me if you need anything," Doug said and hugged her. "I love you."

"I love you too," Evie said smiling. She waved goodbye and watched him disappear into the crowded hallway. She sighed and touched her stomach. "I can't wait until you get here," she whispered and then opened the door. "Hey Mal! My date with Doug went great. Or at least I think it did. We did kind of have an argument, but we ended up falling asleep..... Are you okay?" Evie asked when she saw Mal crying on her bed.

"N-No.... Evie.... I lost the baby...." Mal said. 

"What?"

"I lost the baby! How did I lose the baby Evie? We just saw it last week," Mal said. Evie gasped and ran over to hug her best friend. 

"Mal... I'm so sorry! Who do I need to beat up?" Evie asked and Mal chuckled softly.

"Thanks E, but I just need some time...." Mal said wiping her eyes. 

"Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure that I could hurt someone," Evie said. Mal hugged her.

"Thanks Evie. You're the best sister anyone could ever ask for," Mal said.

"So... What did Ben say?"

"He said we'd be okay. He went to tell his parents. Evie.... What if we never have another baby?"

"It's going to be okay M. I promise. You'll be okay," Evie said. Mal nodded and a tear fell down her cheek.

"Am I that bad of a mother that I can't even protect an unborn child?" 

"No Mal, no. You're not a bad mother. Maybe... Maybe this baby was gonna have problems. You couldn't have known this was going to happen."

"But what if I did? I could have done something to prevent this. I could have-"

"Hey girls... Did you read the newspaper yet?" Audrey asked walking into the room. 

"No... We're a little busy," Evie said. 

"Well, here's one for you," Audrey said handing Evie one. "Enjoy it. Open to page 6. It's a real hoot," she said and walked out of the room.

"Page 6?" Evie asked and Mal shrugged. Sighing, she opened it up to page 6. She gasped as she read it. 

"If you were one of the ones who thought the Villain kids were no good you'd be correct. It seems like King Ben and Lady Mal just couldn't keep their hands off each other. There's to be another little Beast in the family. No word on when the baby's due, but probably sometime next year. 

Speaking of next year, you know who else will have a child by next year? Evie, the Evil Queen's daughter and Doug, the son of Dopey. That's right, the two haven't tied the not yet, but we're guessing they couldn't wait. We got a quote from Evie, "It's a dream come true."

And, finally, if any girls thought Jay was cute, you might as well not even try to date him now, unless you want to help change diapers. That's right, Jay is gonna be a daddy! You might ask yourself who's the lucky lady, well, it's none other than Lonnie, Mulan and Shang's daughter. We guess the two warriors wanted an army of their own.

Carlos and Jane are not having a baby anytime soon, or at least that's what they say. Keep reading for updates on the three babies that Auradon Prep can soon be expecting."

Mal gawked at what Evie just read. "How did she know? We didn't tell anyone," Mal said.

"Are you sure I can't punch her? Just a little?" Evie asked.

"Guys! Did you read the newspaper?!" Lonnie asked as her and Jay rushed into the room.

"Yeah, we read it. I can't believe this," Evie said. Mal nodded.

"Mal? Are you okay?" Jay asked. 

"I... I lost the baby," Mal said and the tears started all over again. 

"What? How?" Lonnie asked.

"I don't know! The baby was fine last week, this week... It's gone," Mal said.

"Guys, we just got the paper. I'm so sorry!" Jane said as her and Carlos walked into the room.

"Sorry? For what?" Lonnie asked.

"I might have accidentally told Audrey and Chad you guys were pregnant," Jane said wincing at the news.

"You what?!"