Chapter 53

WOOOOW! CHAPTER 53! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT?

Pregnancy Update: Lonnie is now 20 Weeks, and Evie is 23 Weeks.

Lonnie pulled Jay into her dorm room and shut the door.

"So.... What did you want to talk about?" Jay asked clearing his throat.

"Why have you been hiding from me? Why won't you let me teach R.O.A.R. anymore?" Lonnie asked.

"Well, I haven't exactly been hiding from you...." Jay said and Lonnie gave him a look. "Okay, yeah, I've been hiding from you. But that's not important. I won't let you teach R.O.A.R. anymore because it's not good for the baby. You're supposed to be on bed rest, not up teaching boys how to use swords."

"Jay, the baby is fine, trust me. I would know if something was wrong," Lonnie said.

"I still don't think it's a good idea for you to teach R.O.A.R."

"Well, how about we come to a compromise?"

"What kind of compromise?"

"What if I still go there and coach-"

"Lonnie...."

"Let me finish," Lonnie said holding her hand up. "What if I still go there and coach, but rest while doing it?"

"Rest while coaching?"

"You know, not exercise. What if I sit and coach? Or even walk around and coach."

"I don't know...."

"Come on Jay, please?" Lonnie gave him the puppy dog eyes.

Jay groaned. "Fine. But only because I know you won't stop bugging me until I do."

"Yay!" Lonnie hugged him.

"Hey, when are we supposed to find out the gender of the kid?"

"Good question, let me look," Lonnie said and went over to her desk before pulling out a paper. "Uh-oh...."

"Uh-oh? What's uh-oh?"

"I have an appointment in like, ten minutes," she said showing him the sheet of paper.

"What?! Why did you tell me?!" Jay said freaking out.

"Jay! Calm down. We have plenty of time, now come on," Lonnie said rolling her eyes. He sighed and nodded. 

At the doctors.....

"Well Li Lonnie, it looks like your baby is doing quite well for your, um..... Activities," the doctor said referring to the R.O.A.R. practices. They had gotten to the doctor's just in time, and they were taken straight in. It didn't take long for the doctor to set up the ultrasound machine and start checking the baby.

"I told you," Lonnie turned her head to Jay. Jay responded maturely, by sticking his tongue out at her.

"Would you like to know the gender?" The doctor asked smiling at the couple before he looked at the screen again.

"We'd actually like it to be a surprise. Could you put it in an envelope? We have a friend who's doing a party for us," Lonnie said. 

The doctor nodded understandingly. "Of course. I'll be right back," he said and left the room.

"So, what do you think the baby's gender is?" Jay asked.

"I personally think girl," she said resting her hand on her stomach.

"Really? Why?"

"Mother's intuition. It's never wrong," Lonnie said.

"Never?" Jay asked raising his eyebrow.

"Well, you know.... Except when it is," she said correcting herself.

"Are you sure it was smart to ask Evie to do our gender reveal party? She gets a little..... overexcited," Jay said shivering at the memory of Evie's plan for Jane's birthday party.

"Of course. Better her than me right?" Lonnie said giggling.

"I guess," Jay shrugged. 

"Here you go," a nurse came in and handed them an envelope. "You'll set your appointment up at the front desk. Come out when you're ready."

"Thank you," Lonnie said taking the envelope. The nurse nodded before closing the door.

"So, wanna peek?" Jay asked.

"No! Jay, we said we were going to wait, so we're going to wait," Lonnie said holding the envelope away from him.

"But the gender of the baby is in our hands, literally!" Jay whined before pouting.

"You're so cute when you pout, but no," she said and stood up. "Now let's go get this to Evie before you talk me into looking."

"Fine. But next time we're pregnant, I'm throwing the gender reveal party so I can find out the gender first," Jay said.

"You're throwing the gender reveal party?" Lonnie asked and Jay nodded. "Okay.... Wait, did you just say the next time we're pregnant?"

"Yes," he said. "I'm gonna regret saying that aren't I?"

Lonnie nodded. "Very much so," she said and giggled before running out of the room.

"Wait, how?" Jay ran after her.

Tada! 53 Chapters down, a lot more to go. Hope you guys enjoyed!