That's All I Ask - Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Night baby," he whispered.

"Night," you smiled.

**

It was the next day and Harry was going out to lunch with his sister. He had already told his Mom about the two of you, but he hadn't told Gemma yet. He was a little more nervous about telling her that his Mom because there was actually a time where Gemma didn't really like you with him.

He never told you that and it was years ago, so hopefully, Gemma wouldn't make a big deal about it. By the time Harry got there, Gemma was already there. She was typing away on her computer when he sat down.

She looked up at him and finished what she was working on before putting her laptop away.

"Finally," he groaned dramatically. "So rude."

"Oh, piss off," she laughed. "Anyway, how's my baby brother doing."

"Great," he said.

"How was New York?" She asked.

"It went well..." he coughed.

"That wouldn't have anything to do with a certain ex, would it?" She asked.

He took a sip of his water and looked at the menu.

"Don't play coy with me," she said. "The evidence is out there that you two were together at some point."

He sighed. "Yes, we were together in New York."

"Really?" She sighed.

"Why are you saying it like that?" He asked.

"Because you've been down that road plenty of times and it's always ended the same," she said.

He sighed. "We're in different places in our lives, Gem. It's not going to end the same way."

"You've said that exact same thing the last two times you gave it a try with her," she said.

"Why don't you like her?" He sighed.

"It's not that I don't like her. Y/N and I were really close when you two first got together, but then I saw how your relationship with her was affecting you and how it hurt you were, so excuse me for not wanting to see you go through that again," she said.

"I get where you're coming from and I don't want to go through that ever again, but being without her in my life is just as painful if not more," he sighed. "You don't know what it's like seeing all your friends or your sister being happy with their significant others and being in love. Or having to go home to an empty house every night and thinking about if you're ever going to have someone to cook dinner with or open a bottle of wine and listen to music while sitting in front of the fire? And then you think about how you did have that, with that one person that you can't get out of your fucking mind and heart because they're the only one that you've ever felt anything with. Y/N, is my person and yeah, I'm scared as hell that it might not work out again, but at least I know that I gave it one more shot."

She sighed looking at him. "I know that you love her, and I know that she loves you. I'm not doubting that, but sometimes love isn't enough and people aren't meant to be."

"Wow," he said shaking his head. "After everything I just told you, you're really going to say something like that? I understand that you're looking out for me and quite honestly I'm sure if roles were reversed, I would be the same way, but I would also support your decision if meant that you were happy."

"I do want you to be happy, but I also want you to really think this through and just not jump back into a relationship with someone that you haven't even been around for over a year?" She said.

"We're not jumping into anything. Yes, she's my girlfriend, but we're taking things slow," he said.

"Then you didn't sleep together in New York?" She asked.

"That's none of your business," he said.

"Damn it, Harry," she sighed.

"Who I have sex with is my decision," he said.

"I know, I know, but don't you think it's better to build your relationship emotionally instead of physically," she said.

"It's not like we only have sex," he sighed shaking his head. "Our relationship is more than that, it's always been more than that."

She sighed. "Okay, okay, I won't say anything negative about Y/N or your relationship anymore. If you're willing to give her another chance, then so am I," she said.

"That's all I ask," he sighed.

**

How's this chance going to go? What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

Have a great weekend! :)