trente trois

Everything around was a blur.

Wow.

This felt like a mistake. My chest burned with agony but my legs kept going.

Told you, you don't suck.

I wanted to sigh and roll my eyes. But I was approaching the slower pacing Adrien. And I had no energy to waste.

Would this reveal anything?

No,

It better not. I whizzed past Adrien and prayed he hadn't realized it was me.

"Four minutes!" I was on my seventh lap. I can stop now right?

Shoot for five minutes!

"That's impossible," I miraculously breathed out.

Aim close to it?

There was nothing left now to lose. I found another pocket of power and bolted forward.

Ninth lap.

"Five minutes!"

Shoot for five minutes and thirty seconds!

I scolded myself for listening to Ami and looked around trying to see who was behind me. But there was no one. I looked last in the grand scheme of things. Had I lapped everyone? I stopped looking around for reactions and focused on getting the run over and done with.

"(F/N)!" I turned and saw Adrien sprinting closer.

Beat him!!

"Do I have to?"

This is war.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from Adrien. I sprinted forward determined to get an even larger distance between me and Adrien. He can be first another time.

"(F/N), five minutes twenty seconds," My vision was swaying. "Adrien, five minutes thirty seconds,"

Well you got an A

I walked over to Marion and lied down on the floor exhausted.

"Ow," I let out. I heard Marion chuckle.

"Good job, that's an impressive time,"

"My legs hurt," I pouted.

"Pain is always a side effect of success," He told me. I nodded hitting my head on the gym floor each time. He held up a hand and I high fives it weakly.

"Who's going next?" Marion raised his hand and I watched his figure disappear.

"Good luck," I said to him even though he was probably gone. My head was leaning on the ground and I stared up aimlessly at the ceiling.

"I didn't know you could run that fast," I lifted my head up and saw Adrien coming over and sitting down. "That was really cool,"

"I practice," I lied. He nodded.

"That must be some practice,"

"Eh, don't be too sour, it's always good to have some competition,"

"In what realms?" I pulled myself up and leaned on my elbows. He seemed pretty serious about the question.

"It doesn't matter, don't worry about it," He gave me a look but I shrugged his expression off and turned to look for Marion running. He was running quite fast, I wondered what kind of things he had to go through.