trente et un

We drove for a while and I watched the scenery change as we went away from the city.

"What are we going to do first?" Adrien turned to me smiling.

Now that we had arrived at the place I found myself staring at the towering roller coaster. I felt myself grow dizzy. People walked around holding giant things of blue cotton on a stick. Cotton candy?

"I think we should try that one first," He said pointing to a large rollercoaster. I watched one of the cars filled with people speed by on the track.

"That one?" I said trying to hide my uneasiness.

"If you don't want to go on you don't have to," He told me. I looked over at him and he seemed to have a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"I should try at least," I said aloud. He nodded smiling. Guilt tripping was what it was called. I found the end of the line but Adrien flashed a laminated card at the ticket dealer and they let us go past the whole line. I felt the ominous glares of everyone around me. "Do you think it's okay to cut the whole line?"

"Yeah, but if you don't want to we can go to the back," He told me. I knew he wanted to try it out.

He made the park wait so you could come with him.

"Not now," I muttered.

Talk about ungrateful.

I let my shoulders sink and shrugged.

"I don't mind I just don't want anyone coming after us,"

"They won't, if they wanted an all access pass they could have bought it. Like I did," I nodded thoughtfully trying to ease my mind. The rollercoaster was mummy themed and as we stepped through the dark hallways leading to the front of the line I found a fear growing inside of me.

This is nothing.

"What if it's something,"

You've gone through worse

Ami was right, painfully as usual, there was worse out there. Things that I wouldn't need to deal with as of now, things that wouldn't involve Adrien.

As long as he was safe, as long as any of the people I cared about were safe.

If they weren't...

What would you do?

"What?"

If someone you cared about was taken?

"It depends on how, I can't beg for a life, but I could do a rescue mission,"

I wish I'd thought that way...

Ami only vaguely mentioned what had happened to him. How he fell out with the other Miraculous, thinking him too strange, too powerful, too unpredictable.

Doubt comes with pain.

I knew that to be true. And Ami knew that as well. Maybe that's how we found each other, he saw who I was. I always wanted to know how he judged character.