vingt-six

"You think you'll be okay?"

"Yeah, I shouldn't miss this much school."

"Well, Adrien has been bringing you your homework while you've been gone."

"I should be there,"

"You've gone through a lot," She looked at me with worry.

"I'll be fine." At least I'd try to be. I was all changed, the finished homework in my backpack, I looked fine. The bruises around my neck were fading.

I hadn't bothered telling my mother about Marion.

In the news reports it was said that Chat Noir had handled the attacker. I just hoped he'd never come back.

We had moved to get away from that life, to begin anew. But they followed and I had more to lose.

I'd have to deal with this.

No matter how afraid I'd be. This was going to hurt me, it was going to hurt my friends.

I thought of the sickly way Marion would smile at me, how everyone would look down on me.

I couldn't have that here.

I couldn't bring anything to here, I wanted to start with nothing. Be a stranger. Having Alain, having Adrien, and being able to talk with Ami.

It was more than enough to make me just a little bit more brave. And bravery was something I needed. I had to scrape every bit of it and throw it out.

I stepped out of the apartment and began walking to school. My mom had woken up early and made an actual breakfast, she'd cleared up the kitchen, bought new food. She was changing too. I couldn't bring anything from then into now.

I stepped into my first class and went to my seat. I started fishing through my backpack to make a neat pile of all the homework I'd done while absent. Being gone for a week was a lot to miss and I hated missing this much school.

I handed the stack of papers in and when I turned to my seat I saw Adrien sitting in it looking at me.

"Hello," He smiled. I nodded my greeting. He looked at me confused. "Everything okay?"

No, it's not.

"Everything's so and so." I told him. He moved to the seat next to me and I sighed. He was still sticking by my side, even when we hadn't seen each other for a week.

It made me happy to see that he hadn't ignored my absence.

I didn't want to think about what had happened.

Stop ignoring everything.

Ami was still ever present. He told me that once I was unconscious he could do nothing but stay there trapped in my bag. He told me how insufferable it was the way Nino handled the backpack. I told him he should've been grateful they didn't open it.

"Did you understand everything?"

"Yeah, it was all pretty good. Thanks for recording all the lectures."

"No problem." He smiled for helping me. It seemed that he was here to do nothing else except help me.

"I'm sorry I ruined the movie." I told him.