deux

I jumped out of the way as the car crashed down onto the pavement.

I watched as glass shattered and metal bent.

I just wanted peace.

"You know I bet after...what...happened...you'll be better at your new school! You'll make new friends, maybe even have a boyfriend." My mother does her best to lighten the mood in the car. But her attempts are in vain. I stare down the back of the passenger seat. What had happened was unspeakable. What had happened couldn't be erased.

But how would I live my life like this?

How would I make friends?

What if it happens here?

Too many questions, not enough answers. My throat tightens, my eyes water, but there are no cats around.

And all I can do is scream.

"Are you okay?" That voice. I open my eyes but it wasn't that kid. It was someone else. He had cat ears and a skin tight black suit.

I nodded.

"Ok, good. Be careful next time," He glanced around and I heard more car alarms go off. "I've gotta go." It wasn't him but why was his voice so familiar. I felt a heat in my chest that burned into the rest of my body.

No more questions for today.

But wait...

A flying car? I thought this place would be normal.

Like the life I wanted to live, but never will.

Can I come out yet?

"Yeah, let's go Ami!" I shouted. Ami sprung out and flew into my necklace. My suit was an elaborate pattern of yellow, red, orange, and other shades found on...well...dragons.

It was a strange miraculous for someone so timid.

But no more questions.

"Let's do this." I muttered. I ran in the direction the masked boy had gone. Did he protect this city alone. Maybe I'll help...but I had only done this once before.

And although it went well. No one was open to my presence. A feeling grew at the bottom of my heart. What if they tried chasing me away?

Like before.

All I could do was hope.

Hope was stupid. It was idiotic.

And it was all I had.

I reached the center of reigning destruction. The boy evaded each throw and I saw a flash of red.

He wasn't alone.

She wore a red suit with black dots. She handled a yoyo and her eyes glinted with confidence.

I was not needed here.

But there was no one around, I could just watch...

I slunk down against a brick wall, it was warm from exposure to the sun. A wall in Paris.

I watched them fight the villain at hand. They worked together in harmony. A rickety harmony that worked, it was something when it was only the two clashing against the other.

I was useless here, they had no need for me. I watched her quietly even with all the commotion.

She looked like a ladybug. A ladybug and a cat. How strange, how funny. I smiled.

A smile that didn't belong. A smile that shouldn't have existed.

But it had fallen as soon as it had come up.

The man they were fighting had mustered a huge wind, a hurricane-like gust. It blew the boy away, while she held her ground. The gust disappeared and she and the villain were alone. He was going to kill her.

I looked in panic for the boy. He was too far. She was pinned to the ground. He raised his arm.

"Lightening strike!" My hand extended out, a surge of electricity shot out. It struck the man and he fell to the ground. A dark butterfly emerged.

What had I done?

I turned and ran. I had revealed myself. I was going to be in so much trouble. I ran until I didn't know where I was. I changed back and breathed a labored sigh.

It was over, at this point I might as well just move.

I began walking and felt my eyes burn. I looked around. A cat stood near me. It came up and purred at my leg. I knew I was allergic but I couldn't stop myself.

All I did was cry.

~~~

I slammed my bag onto the desk and sat down.

"(F/N)!" The teacher, I didn't flinch. I continued with a monotone face through the rest of class. When the session was overturned I packed everything up and was about to walk out when-

"Hey you!" I didn't turn and kept walking, someone grabbed my shoulder.

"Don't-"

"Remember me?" I locked eyes with annoying green ones. They smiled with happiness.

"Yes, the annoying kid who stole my food." I replied bluntly. He continued smiling as if I'd said nothing.

"So what are you doing after school?"

"Homework."

"Really? Maybe we could study at the library?" He quieted with the invitation.

"Why should I?" I said.

"Because...well..." He was silent. "I need to make it up to you." I raised a brow.

"It's not like I'll be here after next week..."

"What?"

"Huh? Nothing," I said.

"So will you go out-I mean uh study at the library with me."

"Fine." I muttered. His hand was still on my shoulder and I picked it up and it retracted it behind his back. He smiled at me once more. I didn't have long left, might as well make one or two more friends.

We were actually heading to the same class, so I suffered through walking the halls with Mr. Arrogant.

We entered together and then he stopped. I turned to him. "I'm Adrien by the way," He added then he went to his friend who sat in the first row and I went and found Alain in the third row.

She was distracted by something outside until I sat down.

"What are you doing with Adrien?"

"He wouldn't leave me alone." I said. I placed my bag down on the table, it landed with a thump. I glanced at the teacher but they didn't move.

"What did you do?"

"We're meeting at the library."

Her jaw dropped.

"IT'S A DATE!" She shouted.

This time the teacher turned their head and shouted out, "Alain!"

"No, it's not."

"Yes, yes it is."

"Nothing will happen." I hope not.

"You say you were saved by an unknown force?"

"Ladybug, tell us what does this mean?" Ladybug stood up to the mike, Chat Noir beside her.

"It means...that we're not alone." She smiled.