neuf

I stormed into my next class and slammed my bag onto a desk.

He was playing me for a fool.

I should've never given him a chance.

I should've never come in the first place.

Alain sat next to me as I fumed.

"You know...Adrien's not-"

"I don't want to hear his name."

"He's not that-"

"Or about him." She shut her mouth.

"Okay, you go do that." I was too upset to realize that I'd pissed off Alain as well.

This was all his fault.

He walked into the class and I didn't look his way. He came passed and I stared daggers into my desk. I couldn't give in.

"He ruined everything." And now there was no incentive for me running away, he hadn't seen anything. I clenched my fists.

Can you vent your anger on criminals rather than your notes?

It was Ami. He had spoken in the middle of a lecture. I peered down and saw the scratched letters and ripped up paper.

"You're right."

"I know." Alain replied.

Since you weren't caught can we celebrate?

"No."

"Excuse me?" Alain replied, I turned.

"It's not you, I promise." I pleaded. She made a face but turned back to the teacher.

Why not? You're identity wasn't revealed. You didn't run away-

"Adrien's a sham."

"Tell me about it." She replied to me.

Who cares about blonde boy, I'm talking about you.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, guess so."

"You doubt yourself too much, be confident." I looked over at Alain. Confident.

What your friend said.

Everyone wants me to speak up, reveal myself, be daring. But is that what I need?

I just hope we do, I think you need to try again. The time we have is too short-

"For doubt."

~~~

My chat with Ami did little to stifle the burning fire of rage that was Adrien. I couldn't stand to see anyone like that.

It brought back too much.

I speed-walked to the entrance of the school. I wanted to get out as soon as possible.