dix

My mom backed away and he stepped in. Into my house. My house. House! I kept a calm face as he took off his shoes and set down his school bag.

"How long were you waiting outside?"

"A little bit after school got out. I wanted to talk to (F/N)." I was gonna get a lecture after this.

Don't fall asleep immediately after you get home.

You're supposed to be a good person and wake up to answer the door.

I think he'd misinterpreted my 'not now' statement after school.

I looked out to see the once sunny windows cast in shadow. How long exactly had I slept?

Yesterday and today was just a rollercoaster of emotions.

I sat at the counter in pouty silence.

"How are you?" Adrien.

"Good."

"Did you finish your homework?"

"No."

"You didn't?" My mom.

"Yeah, ran out of time."

"Why don't the two of you go to (F/N)'s room and finish up then." She suggested. I stiffened.

"Okay..." I got up and grabbed my school bag dragging it down the hallway and up the stairs.

Adrien was quiet as we entered my room. It wasn't as messy as I had expected which relieved me.

I let him sit at my desk and I plopped on my bed. It was late and getting later. I wasn't hungry even though my mom was cooking for the first time in almost a week.

Everything needed to slow down.

I pulled out my bag and I began to finish off each assignment. It seemed that in an instant I was done and I only had a reading assignment.

"Why'd you wait?" I asked out loud. I looked over and saw him figuring out a question.

"I couldn't just leave." He said turning to smile at me. I kept a still face.

He could've just left. But he didn't.

"Are you're parents okay with this?" I asked. He was silent.

"I don't think my dad will want to see me tonight." He said. The mind in my head was idiotic. The soul in my heart was weak.

Because I pitied him. The same way I pitied myself.

"If you want...you can stay." I said staring at my textbook. "But you're sleeping on the couch, not in my room."

I didn't meet his eyes and he didn't reply.

"If you really don't want to go back home." If you want to face disappointment.

You can leave.

"He wouldn't care as long as I attend everything he schedules for me. And I missed each and every single one of them today." He said.