un

"You and that horrible allergy. Couldn't you have held it in a bit longer?"

"I'm sorry. When I'm around them my eyes get watery and my throats tightens."

"But he was so cute."

"Yeah and so was that cat. But we can't all be happy." My friend sighs and sets her purse down. I didn't understand why she was my friend, she could be way more popular if me and my allergy weren't around.

I sighed along with her in confusion.

"I really am..." I mutter, looking down at the floor in silence.

"No it's fine. There are plenty of cute guys out there who don't own cats." She brushes it off like it was nothing and I wonder how long she'll put up with me.

We were at her house, her room was above her parents grocery store. I could hear the commotion below.

"Come on, let's see if we can snag any samples." She beckoned me to follow. I smile. Her parents had the best produce in town and their samples were overly generous.

We went down and she snagged two slices of peach for us. She handed me one. It was so sweet.

"Hey these are good. I should buy some."

"What'd you do with it?"

"Probably make a cobbler or something." I hated that I loved cooking. A part of me always felt guilty that one of my hobbies involved food. I felt like a glutton. But there was more of me I didn't like. More that I was ashamed of.

"Sweet. You should teach-"

"Nope! Secret." I smile trying to brush away the darkness creeping inside. She laughs. Alain became distracted by juice samples and I continue looking through the fruit and vegetables.

There were some grapes for sample and I went over to take some. I reached out about to grab a grape bunch placed there on accident when someone else grabs it from under my fingers.

"Hey!" I exclaim, turning to who had taken it. I froze. He held the bunch over his mouth and bit one off at a time.

He glanced over at me and smirked, he reminded me of a prince

And not in a good way.

"I was going to take those."

"Sorry, princess." I redden and snatch them away from him.

"Hey!"

"Sorry, princess." I reply smiling them with contempt. "Next time, look around." I strut off. Only when I reached Alain, who had three cups of berry juice, did I have my breakdown.

"What's up?" She asks me trying her best not to spill the contents of each cup.

"I fought for what is rightfully mine!" I exclaim triumphantly.

"Oh, yeah? What's that?"

"A bunch of...a bunch of.."

"Of?"

"Grapes...." I felt a panic overcome me. 

"I was so rude! I've ruined my chances at friendship! He probably knows every one  in Paris and he's going to tell them how rude I am and..." I ramble on and on as Alain finished each juice cup. She was halfway through the third one when she stopped, examined my panicked state and  extended the paper cup as an offer.

"Calm down. Some guys like girls with attitudes." I tried recalling his face when I snatched the grapes away. I wrung my wrists agitated.

"I can't remember but I bet he was REALLY mad!" I responded. She could sense I was on the verge of another rant and she pats my shoulder.

"Don't worry, he was probably some nobody in Paris for the weekend. Do you know if he's still here?" I look around the store from behind my perch, Alain. She gives me filled with judgment.

"That one." I squeak. He is alone near the cashier waiting to pay. Alain is silent. "What? Is he a movie star or something?? I'm such an id-"

"That's Adrien Agreste!" She exclaims.

"Who?"

"He's in our class." I felt myself fall deeper into an abyss of darkness.

"Which one?" I manage to breathe out.

"Like four!" She cries out. I feel like crying.

"He's going to spread gossip about me and I won't have any friends and I'll be a loner and-"

"That's enough!" She cries out.

"What? I'm doomed. I'll waste all my breath now." I counter. She darts her eyes between the two of us.

"Waste your breathe while talking to him."

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

Why are we still here? I feel myself stiffen.

"Not now." I grumble.

"Huh?" Alain looks at me confused.

Can we leave? I don't like vegetables. Where's the meat?

"Shut up!" I half-shout.

"Excuse me??" Alain pulls away and crosses her arms.

"Oh no, not you Alain. Something else. I have to go. Can you tell me later what you were thinking. I have to go. Bye!" I shout as I jog out of the store. She rolls her eyes but waves goodbye. She was a good friend. Better than I felt I deserved.

So I'm a thing now instead of a one?

"It's not my fault that you don't like being healthy." I bite back.

Are you really making peach cobbler? That I'll eat.

"No, you know what? I'll make a salad just for you." I say.

No! I hate salad! I hate vegetables!

"Ow! Don't burn me. Or that purse. It's the only reason you're with me." I pick up my bag waiting for the heat of Ami to cool down.

I could just follow you in broad daylight. But we wouldn't want that would we?

"Great an attitude." I exhale frustrated. I look crazy. I feel insane. I suddenly feel glad that that kid, Adrien, hadn't caught me doing this.

Adrien. The kid...in four of my classes.

"Hey!" The voice brought about embarrassment in my veins, was it it him? But when I turned, "watch out!"

All I saw was a car.

A/N - 05/20/2020

Hey you guys :D

Hope you're doing well at this time, I know I'm feeling pretty good.

Here's a taste of a new type of book. I made changes here, so expect things to feel inconsistent for a bit that is until I catch up with editing all chapters. I'm working hard to smooth out bumps in plot and logic. Bear with me!

If you're interested, feel free to check out my other stuff;)

Please read my stuff:,))

See you next update!

Read, comment, and vote!