trente deux

"Did you do the math homework?"

"Yeah,"

"Did you understand twenty-three?"

"Was that the proof?"

"Yeah,"

"You have to remember to use the converse to the same side interior angles theorem,"

"How?" Marion and I were heading to school together. Somehow even when we hadn't seen each other for so long, we could talk like we'd never been apart.

That's the thing about the heart. It forgives.

It's so shocking, so startling. But I was so grateful that it was possible.

"I can't believe I missed that,"

"Don't worry, that proof took some thinking," I told him. We arrived at the front of school and began climbing the steps. The school didn't seem so intimidating. I wondered why I felt so light hearted.

"(F/N)!" I turned and saw Adrien, I smiled and waved. He waved at me then quickly said goodbye to his bodyguard. He closed the door and the limousine sped off.

I wondered for a moment what it was like being rich.

High status and power isn't all it's cut out to be...trust me.

And I did.

"Ami? Did you ever live like that?" He was silent.

"I missed you," Adrien said reaching the top.

"It's been a day," I said aloud.

"Too long," He replied brightly. "Hi Marion," I laughed at his prior comment and the three of us walked in.

PE, or physical education, was one of the few large classes. It had Alain, Adrien, Nino, and thankfully, he was added, Marion in the class.

It also had Marinette, Alya, Chloe, and Sabrina. I didn't mind having such a large class. Before I used to just talk with Alain. I never paid much attention to Adrien or anyone else.

Dwelling on the past gets nothing done.

"When did you start spouting useless knowledge,"

Excuse me, I'm old. I get to do this.

He understood more than most. He wasn't someone out of reach despite his antics. The future was something to be handled, not the past. You can't change what is done.

Ami was in my locker, he was eating his own food and lounging around, something I wish I could do at that moment.

"(F/N)!" I turned and saw Alain waving at me. She was changed into her own gym clothes. I had been waiting, thinking quietly. For what I don't know.

"Are you ready?"

"For what?"

"I heard we're starting a new unit,"

"Hope it's fun,"

"I hope it's something like tennis or volleyball,"

"Why those?"

"I can stay in the front and not have to play,"

"That doesn't make sense,"

"Everyone over shoots the ball so if you're in the front you never do anything, even serve!" I rolled my eyes sighing.

"I see, well whatever it is let's just hope I can get through it,"

Ami constantly reminded me that I was way more athletic than I thought. I refused to let it show. I didn't need publicity.