When he stepped into the house after work, he always got an armful of cuddly Kyungsoo and the feline would lick his cheek and meow happily.

Today would be no different.

He laughed as he was tackled onto the ground by Kyungsoo and scratched lightly behind the catboy's ears, earning a satisfied purr in response.

They had grown much closer over the span of a three months, and he decided upon the name Kyungsoo for his adorable little fluffball.

He still adored dogs and hated cats- his lil Soo was just an exception.

He had started to love the catboy, noticing the ways his eyes lit up when he smelt Salmon and how he let out pleased purrs upon being scratched behind the ears. He also adored how the catboy would snuggle under the covers with him when he thought he was asleep, and cuddle with him.

But something that bothered him to no end was how the precious catboy had ended up in a soggy cardboard box by a dustbin, hungry and bruised.

He never wanted to mention it, worried that it would dampen the boy's mood and make things awkward between them.

And yet he was suspicious and felt like it was important that he knew why.

He had absolutely no idea what happened when the question slipped out one day while they were watching the television after eating dinner.

The boy stiffened instantly, his ears dropping down flat on his head and his tail lowering onto the couch.

Kyungsoo's heart-shaped lips parted open, as he squeaked out some gibberish. Kai, noticing his distress, gently patted his shoulder, telling him in a assuring voice that he didn't have to say it if he was uncomfortable.

At that, Kyungsoo decided that Kai deserved to know the truth. He had been welcomed to the house with open arms and protected lovingly by him, and yet he had kept such secrets from him. The news was months overdue, and he chose that it was time to spill the peas.

So he blurted it all out, telling Kai everything.

How he had been bred in a laboratory and how he had been separated from his loving family. He had many siblings and a sweet mother, but he was taken away to be sold. How he cried and struggled as he and his siblings were taken from their mother who could only watch helplessly as her precious children were stolen to be sold to the humans.

How he had been purchased by a burly, alcoholic man who didn't take care of him well, barely giving him a meal daily. How the man used him as a punching bag; punching and kicking him mercilessly. How he had never nursed Kyungsoo back to health but instead only continued attacking him brutally.

And that one day he left the cruel living conditions, and barely escaped with his life.

And yet it was also on the very next day that Kyungsoo was saved by Kai and brought to a lovely apartment.

When Kyungsoo finally finished explaining, his voice cracked and trailed off at the end. By then he already had warm, salty tears trickling down his face and it hurt Kai seeing his precious Soo in such a devastated state. Deciding he was unable to any longer watch Kyungsoo sob miserably, he stood up.

And snaked his arms around the boy's waist gently. Kyungsoo initially flinched at his touch, but he found himself subconsciously leaning back into the comforting warmth. When Kyungsoo had calmed down slightly, his face flushed a mild pink as he realised the position they were in. His back was pressed against Kai's toned chest and Kai had buried his face into the crook of Kyungsoo's neck.

Kyungsoo shifted slightly and attempted to break out of the hug, but Kai's grasp around him only tightened. Kyungsoo sniffed again, the sadness having not left him completely, and that's when he felt Kai's warm breath against his neck. He shivered slightly as Kai spoke. "Please stop crying- I hate it when you cry."

His voice was muffled as he spoke against Kyungsoo's smooth, pale skin, but Kyungsoo heard every word he said clearly. Nodding slightly, Kyungsoo hummed in response.

He looked around, looking at the apartment he had grown to love, and felt Kai, the compassionate man who took him in, lying against his back, embracing him lovingly. And Kyungsoo smiled.

This time, he knew for sure, that he had found the perfect, loving owner, and that he would finally be safe.

---------------------------------------------------------

So I actually first wrote this in my first account, then unpublished it. If it resembles the XiuChen Catboy oneshot, it is probably because I got inspiration for that from this.

If the writing style is different, it is because I wrote this a while ago, but I hope you guys still like this chapter. To be honest, I didn't edit anything from the old writing, not even the punctuation. But if you notice something like an error, please tell me.

Byee~

-ᴍᴏᴄʜɪ <3