KaiSoo | Catboy

Summary: Kai comes across a box, and a catboy..?
---------------------------------------------------------

Waving goodbye to Lay, Kai left the bakery he worked at and went home. He glanced at the sky quickly, and noticing its gloomy color and dark clouds, he decided to take a shortcut to his house. He walked down the alleyway cautiously; nobody really walked down the alleyway as the lamp posts were too dim and the giant trashbin by the brick wall on the left emitted a terrible stench.

He held his breath and attempted to pass by the trashbin as quickly as he possibly could, but a soft whimper caught his attention.

Kai looked around quickly, eyes glancing over the trashbin. They widened when he noticed the large cardboard box by the side of the bin. Any other human would've ignored it and walked even faster to avoid it, but Kai was utterly  curious and before he knew it, he found his hands flipping open the box.

He looked inside mentally expecting to see a normal cat or maybe even a cute dog.

But he was immediately greeted with the sight of a boy who looked just a little younger than him.

With fluffy ears that were pressed down slightly and a long wagging tail.

A catboy. 

He had heard of them on the news; it was stated that their species was a mystery of nature and they were all unique. The scientists were starting to breed more of them in laboratories, and they were slowly snatching worldwide attention.

When Kai was told about this, he had scoffed in disinterest. He was definitely a dog person, loving the cute, fluffy little dogs and their adorable barks. He had never liked cats, having experienced their aggressive behavior and terrifying claws.

But the catboy made his breath catch in his throat. He was stunned by how precious and beautiful the catboy was; snowy skin, big doe eyes and adorable heart-shaped lips.

He broke out of his trance and stopped staring at the boy for a while when he heard the boy whine in terror, shuffling to the furthest corner of the box hurriedly.

He took another glance at the boy; gasping in horror. Decorating the boy's pale skin were dark bruises and he looked malnourished and hungry.

He didn't like cats, much less cat-human mutations, but he was so worried for the boy that he immediately attempted to persuade the boy to follow him home.

The boy was reluctant, but Kai managed to convince him with the promise of safety and food. It was adorable; the way his eyes lit up and his ears flopped a little upon the mention of food. Kai swiftly scooped the boy up in his arms, mentally noting his light weight and the blush dusting his cheeks.

Upon reaching his home, Kai sent the boy off to take a bath and sent him a sweater and a pair of shorts with a small hole at the back that he cut so the boy's tail wouldn't be squished in to the shorts.

When the boy came out, Kai bandaged up his wounds and applied cream to his bruises with precision and care. The boy stayed silent the whole time, but a delighted meow slipped past his lips when he saw the plate of fish Kai brought out and set in front of him. Kai chuckled as he saw the boy quickly gobbling up the fish with excitement and thanked him with an light, angelic voice.

Kai had a good feeling about this.

~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~

Kai was removing his shoes after a long day at work when a small ball of fluff came bounding towards him excitedly.