Bonus

We arrive toward a field of graves. Graves of soldiers who once fought for his country. One of those graves belong to a hero, a hero who once has blood of a fallen legend.

Solid Snake.

In front of his grave, was his best friend. His partner, Hal Emmerich. And his adoptive daughter, Sunny Emmerich.

"Hey there... old friend..."

Hal was grabbing a cigarette from his pocket. 

"I hope you don't mind, I kinda need it after founding out something..."

Hal lighted up his cigarette. 

"Turns out... My dad's death wasn't entirely my fault. It was his... You see... a long time ago, he once worked for your dad, Big Boss. Sadly, he betrayed him. Not once but twice. And in both those times... he got so many people killed in the process... When I found out about it, I was shocked... But... It made me realize something. I'm not like him... I don't want to be like him. Also... there's a young man name Cooper Jackson. He did mission called Operation FOXHUNT. And guess what's his code name was. Covert Snake."

Hal chuckled.

"Yeah, used your old code-name. Although, turns out, he's just like you. His family past was bound by war, hatred, and suffering. He had to kill his own mother... who once worked for Big Boss. As every year pass by, I keep asking myself. Have we really made this world a better place? During my last mission, I found my answer. This world... will always have evil. It's part of humanity, the desire for war. You once told me that Big Boss told you that this world is better of without a Snake. After FOXHUNT, I found out that THAT is a damn lie."

"Hal's right, Snake," Sunny interrupted.

"I was a part of that mission, and Cooper reminded me so much of you. But at the same time, different. He was also like Big Boss, he was forced to kill someone very important to him. But even so, I saw it in his eyes."

"You sure you weren't ogling at them?" Hal teases.

"N-no! I-I wasn't! Anyways, I saw that he was traumatized at what he done. He tried to hide it, but I know what I saw. He almost killed himself... I can see it. Because that's what I saw in you in your final days. And yet you both didn't. You didn't because you were scared, and Cooper didn't because he wasn't. He wasn't scared to live his life in fear. I don't know what changed his mind, but I know damn well I'm gonna help him. Snake... you said that this world is better off without a Snake. Well, let's talk about all the reasons why that's not true:

[Music Starts]

1964: Naked Snake destroyed the Shagohod and saved the world from an all-out nuclear war.

1974: He saved America from unleashing their nukes.

1984: Big Boss (The Phantom) stopped XOF from releasing Sahaelanthropus upon the world. 

1995: You stopped the phantom from unleashing TX-55 to the world, ending the phantom's pain.

1999: You defeated Big Boss once again.

2005: You fought your brother who wanted revenge and saved Hal and Meryl.

2009: You and Raiden defeated Solidus Snake and his Arsenal Gear.

2014: You free the world from the Patriots.

You may have killed so many people, but you saved millions. You Snakes brought inspirations toward people like me and Raiden. When we thought our lives would be forever bind toward our sins or our legacy's sins, you made us believe that we can be our own people, living out our own lives. So you and Big Boss are wrong. This world DOES need a snake. Because you snakes are this world's guardian angel. Cooper will become the next guardian angel. And I'm gonna make sure he doesn't stray that path... Just like Big Boss had done."

"Yeah," Hal continued. "Because this time, he has friends that need him. This Snake won't be alone anymore. He may not be experience as you or Big Boss; but someday, he will make a difference to this world. Just how you both did. Just how all you Snakes had done in the past. This world has one more Snake. And this one will become just as good as his ancestors..."

Both Emmerichs stood there, enjoying this peace and quiet with their old grandpa. Then, Sunny cried.

"I wish you could meet him... You would love to see his techniques and skills. He tries to hide it, but he also loves anime just like Hal here... He would also would want you to be his mentor... We miss you... Grandpa Snake."

Hal chuckled at Snake's old nickname, then started tearing up. Sunny was holding a bouqet of flowers, and then dropped them at his grave. The Emmerichs wiped away their tears.

"We'll come and visit again soon... maybe next time we'll bring Cooper."

"As your boyfriend?"

"Sh-SHUT UP! I DO NOT HAVE A CRUSH ON HIM!"

"And yet, you have a picture of both Fox and Snake huh?"

"HAL!!!!"

Hal laughed while Sunny was yelling. And yet, they have this feeling that Solid Snake is watching over them... somewhere...

'Boss... You only need one snake. No... The world would be better off without snakes.'

Big Boss (Naked Snake) - 2014

A/N: I felt like I needed a scene like this. I don't know if it was good, but I needed to have a passionate, emotional scene about Solid Snake and Big Boss. And I figured, let's do this. So thank you...