Chapter 15

I don't know how long I was standing there... over Mantis' Corpse. But I just couldn't move... I just... Can't...

"Cooper?"

I snapped out of it and turned around. It was Mrs. Olwood and her daughter. "Are you okay?" She asked. I was still standing near her, looking at her. Even though she was just my enemy a while ago... She was a friend to my dad... my mom... And now she's gone... Forever...

But now I need to keep going. I need to stop The Soviets and the NK.

"Y-yeah, I'm good. How's Jessica?"

"She's alright, apparently the bomb was a fake."

"That's good," I said. "She was bluffing the whole time."

"Cooper..."

"In the end, she knew how it was gonna go. So she made herself an easy target so I can finish her off. She never cared about her mission..."

"Cooper..."

I snapped out of it and then looked at them. "Sorry, I was just thinking out loud. Anyway, are you set for Fulton Extract?"

Mrs. Olwood shook her head and then showed me the pack.

"The strap was ripped off when Jess was pulled. I don't think we can, I'm sorry."

Damn, looks like I'll need to call in a chopper for extraction instead.

"It's ok, I'll call in a chopper for extraction instead. It may get risky if the chopper get spotted, but I'm afraid we have no choice."

She nodded and took Jessica back to the building front door.

*CODEC CALL*

CS: Raiden, I'm gonna need a chopper ready for extraction.

R: Copy that Snake. Are you gonna be okay?

CS:... I don't know...

GS: Snake, I got some information about Mantis.

CS: Go on...

GS: Oracle Mantis real name was Elizabeth Jones. She and her family were on a trip to the United Kingdom when their plane was taken captive by the Russians and sent to Afghanistan. They been there for about two years until they escaped. But, it only seems like Elizabeth was the only that managed to escape. She was with her younger sister, Rachel Jones, but she was badly wounded, according to the reports, and died somewhere in the deserts. Since then, she got rescued, and was sent to Alaska for safety... she has been living there since...

CS: Since the Shadow Moses Incident.

GS: Yes...

R: According to the reports, The base where she was taking refuge was completely annihilated. All the soldiers were killed, the equipments were destroyed, and the whole base was set on fire. But... she was the only one that survived.

CS: Who attacked the base?

R: It was the FOXHOUND unit, led by Psycho Mantis.

CS: Psycho Mantis?

R: He has psychokinesis power as well, which leads to a theory. What if, Mantis let Elizabeth live and unlocked her power. What if he sensed/saw something in her.

CS: Something like a feeling of sorrow, jealousy...

R: Or perhaps...

CS: Pain... and Revenge....

R: ...

CS: ...By the way, Salamander seems to be very quiet...

GS: Salamander went on the chopper so you'll see him soon.