Chapter 20

A/N:
10 chapters remains, we are almost to the end you guys. I gotta say, I really like how this story is going. Sure, there's not a lot of good fight scenes (mostly because I don't know how to make good fights), but I'm still learning to be a better writer. This Chapter has a music video so use it when the fighting starts, you'll might get a good idea of what the fight's like.  Also, this chapter will be on 3rd POV so you can see the fight in a better view. Enjoy.

Also, Pic above was made by Thestickibear in DeviantArt.net.

3rd POV

While Snake and Otacon went outside to head to the helicopter platform, Lieutenant Smith sent his squad and himself to the front of the platform, to make some time for Snake and Otacon escape to safety. 

Meanwhile, Falcon and the rest of the MSC's Security are trying to supress the enemy forces so they can evacuate the rest of the research team. Falcon is there as well, providing support, but it will take time for him to arrive the extraction zone. 

So, Matthew had devised a plan to use the vehicles as a blockade and cover against enemy forces arriving in jeeps. As for the Twin Dragons... they are yet to be seen. 

"Hold the line men," Lieutenant Smith said. "The Evac squad will arrive soon. Just hold the line and don't let the enemy breach through."

"YES SIR!" The soldiers said.

"Lieutenant!" Snake yelled as he ran out with Otacon.

"Snake."

"What's the status?"

Smith pointed to where the path to R&D is. "See that?"

Snake took out his binoculars and looked toward where Smith was pointing. What he saw was dozen of Jeeps heading toward the R&D Platform. 

"We'll be busy before the choppers get here. Also... here." Smith gave Snake a M110 Sniper rifle with a laser sight, a grip, and dual-mags for faster reloading. 

"You and I will head up and provide sniper support," Smith said.

"You a good shooter?" Snake ask.

"heh, if I wasn't, I'd be dead a long time ago." He left and went to the roof to provide sniper fire.

"Otacon," Snake said, "I need you get to the Helipad on the roof and get to safety."

"Y-you sure? I can help if-"

"Right now, I need you to get to safety and-"

BEEP BEEP

something made a beeping sound in Otacon's pocket. He took out and it was his phone, "Yes!" He yelled.

"What? What's going on?

"INITIATING SELF-DEFENSE MODE" Something inside the hangar said that. Then suddenly, three bipedal walkers came from on top and landing near the soldiers. Some of the soldiers started pointing at them but Otacon intervene.

"Don't shoot them, I'm controlling them!"

"Otacon, what are those?"

"Those are Walker Gears. They're kinda like small versions of Metal Gear and can be driven by a soldier or by itself. One of them has a mini-gun, another one has a missile launcher. I don't know how much ammo they have, but there's more in the back; so I need two of your men to reload them while the Walker Gears provide support."

"Good thinking Dr. Emmerich, can you control them up at the Helipad?" 

"Yeah?"

"Good, head up there and take some cover. Me and Snake will  be with providing sniper fire at the enemy."