Chapter 16

Both girls stiffened when they saw one another. Scarlett wasn't sure but the girl in the wheelchair reminded her of someone she knew. Kalea on the other hand knew immediately who she was facing. 'Miss Wood?', she asked after a long silence. It hit Scarlett like a ton of bricks. It was the freakish girl that had followed her around on the first day of school and she took music classes with. Felix watched from a distance how the two girls seemed like two cats that had found one another in an abandoned alleyway. He could almost imagine them getting thicker tails and hissing at one another if he didn't interrupt. He walked up to them and scraped his throat. 'Um, is something wrong?', he asked.

'Shut up!', both yelled at the same time. Kalea got shivers all over her boy, turned to Felix and sighed. 'Sorry Felix, I didn't mean it that way. But please stay out of this, go home.'

Felix raised his shoulders in confusion. 'And what? Leave you, in a wheelchair, alone with a burglar?'

Kalea nodded dead seriously and didn't give any more attention to Felix. He backed off but didn't leave. Kalea took a closer look at her classmate. Her forest-green eyes, her dark grey hoodie and her auburn hair.

Kalea spread her eyes wide, realising who she was truly facing. 'Auburn,' she whispered.

'You- you are-'

'Beautiful, a genius, immensely talented-'

'Agent 1.'

Scarlett frowned her eyebrows and didn't understand. 'What is Agent 1?'

Kalea reached into her bag what made Scarlett immediately get a better grip on her sword. 'Chill,' Kalea said as she pulled out a pair of glasses, 'they're just my glasses.'

Scarlett nodded and dropped her defence.

'We met,' Scarlett said with a sharp tone in her voice. Kalea nodded. 'Yes, we have,' she said, 'it was truly a gorgeous church.'

 __________________________

'Sir, are you getting this?', Richard asked while he had several computer screens opened around him. Some were filled with information about the latest NASA discoveries about other planets and some were downloading information around the FBI and the CIA. Momentarily, Richard and Raphael didn't pay much attention to the other screens, but mostly to the screen to the right where they saw the live recording from Kalea's glasses.

'Yes, I can see it young man,' Raphael replied, 'activate the domination serum.'

Richard nodded, got out of his chair and walked out of the room. He heard Raphael mumbling to himself as he walked away. All he could make out was; Scarlett, little girl, grown. He shrugged his shoulders and ignored it. Whatever Raphael had been saying was none of his business. He walked to the attic, where Raphael's lab was placed. He stepped closer to a small machine on a desk. The machine had a little, shining red switch that was craving to be switched on. Richard doubted and didn't immediately turn it on. He wasn't sure how high the results would be of the serum. If it reached the 100%, it could mean they'd have blood on their hands and they'd never get Agent 1 back. Raphael never really calculated what the results might be since Kalea had been unconscious for the whole week. He focused and tried to punch all thoughts of doubt out of his head with a baseball bat. He took a deep breath and pulled the switch. He sighed and immediately turned back around to watch the results with Raphael.

  __________________________  

Kalea felt goosebumps covering her body as she tightly grabbed the wheels of her chair. 'You?!', Scarlett exclaimed in awe, 'it was you all along?'

Kalea didn't answer. Instead she looked at her own body in disarray, at her legs. Like a cat that had just been attacked by the terror of a cucumber, Kalea jumped out of her chair and gasped. Even Scarlett recoiled at the sudden movement.

With no time to react whatsoever Scarlett received a painful and surprising punch in her face. This caused the effect of her falling back, dropping her sword and tumbling unto the trashcan. Kalea took a quick step back but her body protested to every single movement she wanted to make of her own. Scarlett got herself together and scrabbled up. With a great leap, she kicked Kalea in her stomach. Kalea did feel the punch but didn't get any time to feel it. She immediately grabbed Scarlett's leg and threw her body over her shoulder. After this she walked up to the nearest wall she could find and ran against it, causing Scarlett to hit her head against it. Scarlett made a quick twist with her body and grabbed Kalea's waist. She then twisted her body in a backwards summersault which made Kalea fall to the ground. Scarlett smirked as she took a few steps away from her component. She was now in higher ground.

'Why are you doing this?', Kalea asked sharply as she wiped the blood from her nose. 'Doing what?', Scarlett asked, 'coming after you?'

Kalea slowly stood up, ready to charge again. She ran up to Scarlett with a disarrayed face. Scarlett squatted down and with one turn she let Kalea stumble to the ground with an outstretched leg. Kalea grabbed Scarlett's arm on the last moment and pulled it to herself, causing her shoulder to crack and Scarlett to cry out in pain. Scarlett punched Kalea in her face with her elbow. 'Stop!', Kalea yelled more to herself than to Scarlett as she fell back to the ground. 'Well I don't suppose we can sit around here and talk it out now, eh? You just had to punch me in the fucking face,' Scarlett said with an irritation to her voice.

Kalea stood up and charged again, but slowly. Scarlett noticed this too but stood tall at a safe distance. Kalea ran up towards Scarlett and wanted to give her a good kick but both noticed that her movements were getting more and more weak. Scarlett twisted Kalea's arm and put her down to the ground in a slow movement. Kalea didn't even protest anymore. 'Ready to give up?', Scarlett asked taunting.

'Of course,' Kalea answered with a sigh, 'I was ten minutes ago.'

She clamped her legs around Scarlett's neck and pushed herself up with a swift movement. Scarlett, surprised by Kalea's movement, fell to the ground but tried to reach Kalea's head with her arms. She locked her hands around Kalea's ears and pulled as hard as she could. Kalea wanted to scream but her mouth protested. 'Kalea!'

Both girls looked up at Felix who was quivering at least 6 feet away from them. In his hands, he held Scarlett's collapsible sword. With a pliant movement, he threw the sword toward Kalea who grasped it with both hands. She then immediately turned around and swung the sword dangerously near Scarlett's head who received a deep cut on her cheek. Kalea taunted her with the sword and Scarlett quickly charged. She dodged the blade and hit Kalea's temple with her elbow from the right corner. Kalea stumbled back and wanted to counterattack. But instead she sank through her legs. He body shivered and she looked at Scarlett with defiance. She dropped the sword and collapsed to the ground. 'Kalea!', Felix yelled in panic as he ran up toward her. Scarlett sniffed her nose and grabbed her sword from the ground. She'd expected to hear police sirens by now but she guessed these kinds of fights were highly probable in a neighbourhood like this. She looked down at Felix and found him staring into her eyes. 'What the hell just happened?', he asked anxious. Scarlett noticed his chest going up and down in a rapid speed and tried to think of a proper way to deal with him. She didn't have any amnesia blow darts with her and telling him both of them were lab projects born to kill would sound insane. 'Just calm down,' she started. 'Calm down?! That- That was insane!', Felix yelled. He stood up and pointed towards Kalea's motionless body. 'And she- she had broken legs, right? Or paralyzed? How did she-'

'Just calm down!', Scarlett yelled back, 'I don't know, okay?'

The sound of a lonely applause filled the street and both immediately turned around by the sound of it. Before them stood a man in a tight suit and dark brown hair neatly combed back. Once he'd gotten the attention of the teenagers, he stopped applauding and silently put his hands in his pockets. 'Well done, Agent 1. I wouldn't have expected any less from you.'

Once he'd spoken these words both of them received a hard blow against their head with a blunt object and fell to the ground. Raphael looked at Richard who had just knocked them out with a baseball bat and smiled. 'Let's get them inside,' he said in a proud way as a zephyr blew through the now dark and bloodstained street.