Feedback and questions

Hey there! 

These are questions I will ask you but you don't necessarily have to answer all of them, but I would really appreciate it if you answered some of them so that I know where to work on or how people like my story thus far.

1. Did the story hold your interest from the very beginning? If not, why not?

2. Could you relate to the main character? Did you feel her/his pain or excitement?

3. Did the setting interest you, and did the descriptions seem vivid and real to you?

4. Were there any parts that confused you? Or even frustrated or annoyed you? Which parts, and why?

5. Were the characters believable? Are there any characters you think could be made more interesting or more likeable?

6. Did you get confused about who's who in the characters? Were there too many characters to keep track of? Too few? Are any of the names or characters too similar?

7. Did the dialogue keep your interest and sound natural to you? If not, whose dialogue did you think sounded artificial or not like that person would speak?

8. Did you feel there was too much description or exposition? Not enough? Maybe too much dialogue in parts?

9. Was there enough conflict, tension, and intrigue to keep your interest?

10. Do you think the writing style suits the genre? If not, why not?

And here are just some questions for the eager ones among you who are willing to answer more questions. ;)

1. Which scenes/paragraphs/lines did you really like?

2. Which parts did you dislike or not like as much, and why?

3. Are there parts where you wanted to skip ahead or put the book down?

4. Which parts resonated with you and/or moved you emotionally?

5. Which characters did you really connect to?

6. Which characters need more development or focus?

So there they are. Again, you really don't need to answer all of them or you can just ignore this page entirely, but know that I would really appreciate it if you did!