Chapter 10

Scarlett was in position, just like she and Thomas had practiced. She wore a walkie talkie around her belt. She wasn't packed heavy but still had enough tools to easily get out of a dangerous situation. 'We've seen her enter. Scar, you know what to do,' said the voice through the walkie talkie. Scarlett knew that this was her signal and started running towards the backside of the church. She climbed over the fence of the garden and silently hid behind a hedge. It didn't take long before she saw the priest walking out a small door. Good, now she could go inside. 'Careful Scar, not too fast,' echoed August's voice, way too loud, through the transceiver. She slowed down her steps and silently walked towards the small, black door.

Locked.

'What do I do, dad?', she asked. She heard her father sigh.

'Just do something that's quiet and won't let her run away,' he said.

She nodded and took a few steps back. Then she ran with full space towards the door, so that it would open. 'My God, Scar! Was that really necessary?', she heard her father say in disbelieve. She cleared her throat and walked inside. The room was dark and smelled like incense. 

She walked over the red carpet on the floor and silently opened the door to the church itself. She immediately noticed how every sound she made echoed through the building and tried her best to walk on her tiptoes. She saw light coming from an opening in the floor and went to check it out from a distance.

There were rumbling noises inside and Scarlett was almost sure, the agent she was looking for was inside there. 'What are we looking for, Richard?', said a child-like voice from out of the cellar. Then there was a moment of silence as the agent stopped moving around certain things. Then there was a sound of the agent opening a drawer. 'I've got it,' said the agent. Scarlett silently pulled out a long sword, which her father had given her for this mission. She took it out of the blade; which sound was hearable throughout the whole church. This made the agent look behind her. Scarlett looked at her and calculated her chances. She wasn't too big and didn't seem that strong either. She wore black clothing and most of her face was covered with a black cloth. Not to mention the funny sunglasses blocking her eyes. Should be a piece of cake. But before she could blink with her eyes, the agent had run towards her and made a great jump over her.

'Don't let her get away!', yelled her father through the transceiver.

Scarlett turned around and grasped Kalea's foot as she jumped. This made her fall to the ground. She saw how Scarlett approached her and gave her a quick kick in the face. Scarlett took a step back as she was startled from the sudden foot in her face and rubbed over her nose.

'Son of a-'

Before she could say another thing, Kalea held her down to the ground; her elbow on top of Scarlett's neck. She calculated her chances. This girl was at least one feet higher than she and had her face covered with a red cloth, matching her curling, auburn hair. She wasn't sure, but she was sure she'd seen that colour of hair before. She just couldn't place where. Scarlett grabbed Kalea's arm and twisted her over, so she lay on top. A sharp voice rang through Kalea mics.

'Agent 2, get out of there. Now,' said Richard calmly. Kalea took a deep breath and wrestled her arms loose. She gave Scarlett a punch in her face and quickly stood up. There wasn't any time to lose and she couldn't risk losing from this girl. She decided to run away. But just when she'd taken a few steps from Scarlett, Scarlett jumped onto Kalea's back which made them both fall to the ground. Scarlett took out a knife and with one, smooth pull, she'd cut through the leather band of the bag. Kalea clutched Scarlett's neck with her legs and almost wanted to turn them. 

'No agent 2, don't.'

A moment of silence and a moment of doubt in Kalea's eyes. Scarlett used it and grabbed the bag. After this, she took out a grappling hook and lifted herself of the ground. Kalea, too startled to do a thing, was left alone in the middle of the church. A whispering voice echoed through her ears and head, but it wasn't Richard.

'Oh Lea, what have you done?', she whispered to herself.