One

Balance. It's what the universe relies on. Our atmosphere has the right balance of oxygen and carbon dioxide to create life. Our bodies have the right balance of cells and molecules to create a complex organism with the ability to create skyscrapers and new species. All in the name of balance. And just as there is balance in nature, predator and prey, creatures in the sky and in water etc., there is a balance between people. We are born in pairs. A dominant, and a recessive. Dominants are powerful, they are meant to protect. Each dominant is different, they have different...abilities. Recessives are weaker, and in society they're often looked down upon.

                        Being a dominant has it's consequences though. A dominant needs their recessive to survive. Think of it as their clarity, actually a dominant can't survive without their recessive. I am the weaker of the two, a recessive.  Supposedly, fate is supposed to draw me to my dominant, but I'm nineteen and still nothing. Currently, I'm actually on a date, but all I can think about it how I feel guilty.

                          "Let me guess, super strength?" I joked as I sipped my hot tea.

                            The man in front of me chuckled, his biceps bulging in conformation. He was a cute dominant, not really my type though. But he was really sweet, and hadn't found his pair yet, so when we met at the gym I work at, we decided to go out.

                   " That obvious huh?" He took a massive bite out of his BLT.

                   "So how long have you been working at the gym?" He attempted to make small talk. I tried to put myself into it. Garret, my date, seemed really nice, and I obviously wouldn't be meeting my pair anytime soon, and the café he chose was actually really romantic. It was decorated with Christmas lights and candles, and beautiful pieces of art strewn across the brick walls.

                   I was tired of waiting for something that might not ever happen, so I'm going to move on.  It was at that moment that all hell broke loose.

                   "Well now I feel like shit, you should've told me you were vegetarian!" He fidgeted in his seat. I laughed, popping a piece of my croissant in my mouth.

                    "Don't worry about it! I think it's a little ridiculous to expect everyone to follow my diet. It's a choice, not necessary," I giggled.

                    Before Garret had time to answer, the door to café slammed open viciously, the glass rattling in indignation as one of the most attractive man I have ever seen walked in. He had curly, dark brown hair and was extremely tall, probably a foot taller than myself. His skin was perfectly sun kissed, and muscular. His shoulders were broad, his lips were plump and perfectly kissable, while his chin had a little dent in it. He was glancing around the room quickly, almost frantically before settling on me. He looks surprised, then perturbed. I looked back startled, not sure what I did to deserve it.

                  "Alright, everybody out" The mysterious man announced.

                   "Excuse me?" One of the waitresses asked, a dominant with curiously good balance.

                 The man's beautiful, magnetic hazel eyes seemed to sharpen a he repeated himself, but this time his tone was some what hypnotic. Then, the strangest thing happened. Everyone stood, got to the door and left, their eyes clouded. As soon as everybody was out, the curtains snapped over the window on their own, the door slammed shut, the bell dinging angrily and the lock clicking closed on the door with out the man ever lifting a finger.

                My eyes flew to the man, wide and scared. It was obvious this man was a dominant, but I don't think I've ever met one with such powerful psychic powers.

                "What's going on?" I murmur, my nervousness making my voice go soft. He laughed, but it lacked any humor.

               "You have terrible timing, kitten," He mumbled scornfully. My mouth popped open in shock.

                "Excuse me?"

                "I'm a little busy right now, I don't know why you couldn't have been here yesterday when I was scoping this place out."

                "Who the hell do you think you are?" I asked, standing up and brushing some crumbs from my croissant off my jeans, anger rising up my throat.

                 "What, kitten, can't recognize your own soul mate?"

                 I felt my whole body freeze. What the actual hell... I couldn't process it. I felt like a deer caught in headlights, I couldn't move. All the sudden, I heard police sirens outside. Before I knew it, my dominant had me pressed against the wall, out of sight. I could feel every inch of his hard body pressed against mine, fitting perfectly against me as his towering height  His hand was pressed against my mouth and his brilliant hazel eyes told me to be silent. Oh my god... was my pair hiding from the police?
______________________________________

Welcome to my newest story! I'm bree, or Britani, whichever you prefer. This is my 5th published story and I appreciate your support! Remember, these are my own original ideas, and if you steal my hard work, I will delete the story. But not before calling you out, so my fans know who ruined the fun 😘 but anywayss please enjoy❤