29. southside princess

Start from the beginning

"How's your side going?" I asked Zakia, as I dipped my fork into the chicken salad before putting it into my mouth.

"Really well, it'll take some time to adjust though." She answered, eating her French fries. After working for the two hours on the designs, Zakia and I let the girls get lunch and to communicate with each other so they can get to know each other better.

"Same, it's coming along fine." I said, then thought of the photoshoots that were going to need to be done for our grand opening. "Remember that we were supposed to have a photoshoot for the grand opening?"

"I thought I told you that, modeling wasn't for me." She raised a eyebrow, as I nodded. "I think having you as the model for the store will bring far more business than I could ever do."

"So you really don't want to do a photoshoot?" I repeated.

"Nope, after the first one I just knew it wasn't something I'll do continually." She replied while I simply nodded.

It would've been nice to have all of us do a photoshoot and have our pictures placed all over the walls in our store. If I had to do it myself, I would.

"Alright, I'll do it then." I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I think you should ask Deion, or Katrina. They'll bring a lot to the place." She suggested as I began to think about it. "Or our workers."

To have Deion model for a photoshoot will be really nice, I know I won't be the only person to see that he has the face and the body of a model so why not ask him? As for Katrina, yes having her model clothes would be great since she's really pretty, has great style, a bomb personality and a pretty good following around Atlanta.

"That's a good idea!" I said, the more I thought of it. "Deion does have a model look and Katrina as well. I'll have to ask them!"

"You should, now it's time to get back to work." Zakia smiles as I chuckled giving her a high five before walking out of the front area towards the back where the other girls were.

After a good day of designing and getting to know the girls more. I took a visit to Deion's place as I was dropped off by Zakia. Knocking on his door, he answered the door without a shirt and he smiled once he saw me.

"You were sleep?" I asked walking into the house, as he closed the door and locked it behind him.

"Was dozing off," He nodded, wiping his face. He then pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek before heading into the living room where he previously was. "How was work?" He asked, as I took a seat next to him on the couch.

"It was good, we're finally working on the clothes and I'm getting to know the girls a little more better." I answered him, as he grabbed my feet, to slide me closer to him. "But, can you do something for me?"

"Anything, what's up?"

"Since Zakia doesn't want to take anymore pictures, she thought of the idea of asking you and Katrina to be one of the models, so would you model for the store?" I asked, biting my lip incase he didn't want to do it.

"I would, it's not a problem doll." He agreed, as I smiled.

"Thank you love bug." I replied, as he nodded like it wasn't a big deal. "The photoshoot is really today, but later on."