3. feelings

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
C h a p t e r - T h r e e

F e e l i n g s

One Week Later . . .

I've been living with my sister, Katrina for a full week now and it's been very interesting. I still had to get used to her being on her own for three years because she usually stayed out extra late, came home drunk and would be getting dropped off by her on and off again boyfriend, Kobe who practically stayed here 24/7 as if he lived here too.

I now was wide awake after hearing Nicki Minaj's song Moment 4 Life on her old album, Pink Friday blarin' on the speakers from Katrina's room, that was across from my room. I stepped out of the bed, heading into the bathroom to get my daily hygiene routine together before leaving the room.

I ambled towards Katrina's room, knocking on the door then proceeded in after I heard her singing off key to some song and I opened the door, stepping inside.

"Hey!" She shouted, looking at me through her large full body mirror. "Did I wake you up?"

I gave her a half smile, taking a seat on the edge of the bed.

"I'm sorry if I did," She apologized, applying a natural makeup look to her face. "I'm just in a good mood right now."

"It's cool.." I replied. "Where you about to go?"

"I have a checkup appointment with my OBGYN doctor," She answered, rubbing lipgloss on her lips. "I also have to do a makeup appointment for my client who's shooting a music video."

I nodded my head, there was no doubt that Katrina stayed booked and I was completely inspired by her hustle.

"That's good sissy," I smiled. "What you cooked for breakfast?"

"You'll have to make it today," Katrina ran her fingers in her hair after finishing her makeup. "I didn't have time to make breakfast yet but I have all the food in the kitchen for you to make!"

"Okay, I'll cook then." I stood up from the bed, leaving her room and heading downstairs to the kitchen.

I walked into the kitchen, washing my hands before opening the fridge to see what I felt like cooking at the moment and I decided on making scrambled eggs, bacon and buttermilk biscuits. I grabbed all the pans, ingredients and utensils that I needed for this quick morning breakfast then got started on making it.

I placed the buttered biscuits in the oven, turned it up and scrambled up the eggs then placed the bacon on to the already hot sizzling pan. It didn't take long to finish all of the food as the biscuits seemed to take the longest because I loved it crispy and soft in the middle.

A few minutes later, the food was done and Katrina came downstairs dressed up and entered the kitchen with a beaming smile on her face.

"Everything looks good!" She looked down at the two plates before grabbing her plate, picking up the keys from the table and rushing out of the house. "Oooh this for me? Thank you sissy pooh – I'll eat it on my way to the appointment, I love ya!"

"Love you too," I called out, biting my bacon and smiling at how crispy it came out.

I finished eating, receiving a text message alert on my phone then I picked it up seeing that it was my baby brother, Johnathon.