25. almost there

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
C H A P T E R – T W E N T Y – F I V E

A L M O S T - T H E R E

I sat in living room with my sketchbook and was sketching up tons of designs for Obsessionally Styles. As I did so, Kobe plopped his tall green giant lookin' self on the couch beside and began to annoy me, by talking while I was drawing pieces. "What do you want, Kobe?" I rolled my eyes because he seemed to be getting more annoying than usual.

"Can I just talk to my sister?" He questioned, holding his chest and I looked at him putting my pen down because he was up to something. But since he didn't say anything else, I looked back at my down at the page and looked at what I did so far. "Where's Johnathon at?"

"I don't know, probably somewhere with his girlfriend." I answered him, without picking my head up.

"Well I want your blessing." He said, and I picked up my head quickly with a shocking expression.

"On what?" I crossed my arms.

"On proposing to Katrina." He whispered, since she was in her room, and he didn't want her to hear him.

I smiled wide, and covered my mouth as he took out of his pocket a ring box. He opened it and it was empty, making me look at him confused.

"Chill, there's a ring but I want to ask everyone advice about it." He said and I nodded.

"Do you love her?" I asked.

"Yes, more than I love anything." He said, and I awed seeing the seriousness in his face. It was such a difference to see that because he was always so goofy.

"Well then.. I think you should do it. How long y'all been together?" I asked not remembering if I asked Katrina that or not.

"Over three years." He said and I hit his arm making him frown. "I know, I was acting crazy then. But I know I'm ready for this. I haven't talked to a girl at all, and where I work they try to throw themselves at me. All I think about is her, she's my heartbeat. She literally changed me, before I was this thot-boy but I'm growing to be a better version of my to be with her. She's so perfect, and the best hardworking female I've ever met aside from my moms', cousin and you, sorry lil' sis, but that's what I disliked at first but I love it so much now."

"Awe. This is making me like you Kobe! I always wanted you to be straightforward about your feelings about her to me, because she's the strongest person I've ever met. I don't want to see her hurt so that's why It's been hard to have a real relationship with you." I admitted to him, as he nodded in understanding. "I love that you went to me because of our relationship with our parents but I believe you should still get it from my parents. As much as I dislike them, that's their first child."

"You right." Kobe said getting up and I grabbed his arm to pull him into a hug.

"I love you bro. You're a good person, and I give you the blessing." I told him, and he smirked.

"Love you too sis', well I'll be out. Tell Katrina I'll call her." He ruffled my hair, and added in, "Don't tell King yet, I'll tell him myself."

I waved him off, as he walked to the front door, opening it and exited it, closing it.

As he left, I got so happy for Katrina. My sister has been through so much and I know that she'll be so surprised but happy about the proposal. Seems as if Kobe was growing up. I mean they're not getting younger. Twenty-four And twenty-one seems too young to marry but who can say that? Three years they've been together and I wish all the best for them.