20

Aomine and Kagami were just walking up to Maji Burger, the place they agreed to meet Kuroko.  Kagami wasn't even sure how he managed to be here at all.  What with Kagami sleeping for a day, he hadn't been very tired by the time it was night yesterday.  It had been all he could do to keep himself from asking Aomine to wear him out again.  He knew that if he asked in just the right way, Aomine would've done it.  And that would've been worse for seeing Kuroko today.

Aomine paused with his hand on the door handle.  He looked back at Kagami as he slowly pulled it open.  "I told Kuroko that you've had a cold and that's why we couldn't meet sooner."  Aomine paused.  "I hope you don't mind."

Kagami shook his head, walking through the door as Aomine held it open for him.  "No, it's fine.  I definitely prefer Kuroko thinking that instead of knowing the truth."

Kagami didn't say anything more because when he turned around, he saw Kuroko was already sitting at a table.  He took a deep breath and pulled Aomine by the hand over to Kuroko's table.

"I'm hungry," Aomine whined as he dragged his feet.

Kagami rolled his eyes to himself, not letting go of Aomine's hand.  "We'll get food after we say hello to Kuroko."

"Fine..."  Aomine was still resistant but didn't drag his feet quite as much as he and Kagami walked up to the table.

"Yo, Kuroko."  Kagami smiled as he walked up to Kuroko.

Kuroko smiled back, looking up at Kagami.  He dropped his gaze a little before looking back into Kagami's eyes.  He said with a small laugh, "You and Aomine-kun are always so cute together."

"What?"  In a second, Kagami realized that he was still holding Aomine's hand.  His face turned red and he immediately let go of Aomine's hand.  He cleared his throat, sitting down across from Kuroko.

Aomine sat down next to him.  "Tetsu, it's been a while."

"Sorry about that," Kuroko kept smiling.  Kagami narrowed his eyes.  The expression was so unusual for Kuroko.  "Seijurou and I took a long vacation this summer and it's always a little hard to come back after that."

"I didn't realize how serious things had gotten with you and Akashi."  Kagami smiled, he certainly was glad that Kuroko had finally started dating him.  It was obvious to everyone that Akashi had his eye on Kuroko since middle school.  Ironically, obvious to everyone except Kuroko.

"We really have," Kuroko looked down at the table in front of him.  He almost looked shy; another expression Aomine nor Kagami had ever seen before.  "That's what I wanted to talk to you about today."

"What is it?" Kagami pressed, he couldn't help but be excited.  Kuroko never acted like this.  Whatever he wanted to say had to be something big if it made Kuroko shy.

Kuroko swallowed, looking up and straight at Aomine and Kagami.  "Seijurou and I are getting married."

[AN: sorry this update took so long! I hope you like it! What do you think of Kuroko's news? Plus! There's more news to come! Stay tuned for the next update! 😊]