Part Ten

(Peyton’s POV)

The walk with Brooklyn was stressful. Why didn’t he understand that I just don’t remember anything? I walked to my locker, or the number on a piece of paper Brooklyn wrote for me. He wrote everything I’d need to know. The teachers were also supposed to help me. Mindy had told them all about the accident.

“Peyton, I’m Mr. Jones. I’m your math teacher. Come with me.” I followed the man to his classroom. He pointed at a desk that was next to Brooklyn. Great. Just great. I sat down and tried to pay attention. I couldn’t stop thinking about the conversation between me and Brooklyn. The bell rang and I was out of there as fast as I could. I started to get lost. I stopped a tall boy and asked for help.

“You’re Peyton, right?” He asked.

“I guess so. I’m suffering from short term memory loss.” I told him.

“I’m sorry to hear that. I’m Cooper.” He smiled. He walked me to class and even helped me with my books.

(Brooklyn’s POV)

I hurried out of class and tried to caught up to Peyton. I saw her talking to Cooper. I hate that guy. He has dated a lot of the girls. He took her bag and books and walked her to class. My stomach dropped. She might not remember she’s my girl, but she’s still mine. I still have feelings for her. I am going to win her back. No matter what it takes.

(Peyton’s POV)

Cooper was waiting outside of my class.

“How was class?” He asked.

“Fine.” I answered. He walked me to my next class that he happened to be in.

“Come sit by me.” He smiled. Cooper was a good guy. After class, Cooper and I went to go get some dinner.

“I have a question.” Cooper said.

“Go ahead.” I smiled.

“Do you want to come hang at my house tonight?” He asked.

“I’d love to.” He smiled and went and bought me lunch. While he was in line, Brooklyn came up to me.

“Want me to buy you lunch?” He offered,

“Cooper is buying my lunch. Thank you though.” I smiled. He sighed and started to walk away.

“Oh, hey!” He turned around.

“Yeah?” He asked.

“I’m going to Cooper’s house after school. Don’t wait up.” He looked at Cooper and then at me. He sighed again. Cooper walked up with my salad after he left. We walked up over to a table with his friends and sat down. The rest of the day went smoothly. Cooper met up with me after my last class. He walked to his car and drove to his house.

“I like your car.” I laughed.

“Thanks.” He drove a little faster. We got to his house soon after. It was a nice house.

“Where are your parents?” I asked.

“My dad is at work and my mum is dead.” He answered.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” I whispered.

“It’s okay.” He smiled. He took my hand and took me to his room. He closed the door behind us. He sat on the bed and smiled.

“What do you want to do?” I asked.

“I don’t know.” He brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear. He started to lean in.

“What are you doing?” I asked as I pulled away.