Part Six

~Next Week~(Peyton's POV)

Happy Birthday to me! Sadly, I have to go to school and see all these people who hate me. At least I'll see Brooklyn. I walked to my locker and there was a note typed onto it. It read, "Heard it was your birthday. Get ready to be treated to be treated like a princess." Of course it was from Brooklyn. He was the only person that knew about my birthday. I walked into to math class and saw Brooklyn sitting there.

"Hey." I smiled.

"Hi." He smiled back. I sat down in my chair and waited for a "Happy Birthday" wish.

"So, it's a great day." I hinted.

"I guess so." He just was looking around the room. Never made eye contact with me.

"Wait, did you forget?" I was hurt. He was my best friend! He finally looked at me.

"Oh crap, I did!" I crossed my arms and looked forward.

"Gee, thanks." I barked. He leaned over to get something out of his bag.

"I forgot to give you this. I couldn't get into your locker and it's too big to type onto the locker." He smiled. I can't believe I thought he forgot my birthday. I smiled at him and opened it. I pulled out a gorgeous charm bracelet. It had a charm of a microphone, a guitar, a baby elephant (my favorite animal), and a few other ones.

"Brooklyn! It's beautiful." I gasped.

"I'm glad you like it." He smiled. I handed it to him and stuck my wrist out. He put the bracelet on and then he royal kissed my hand. I started to blush like a fool. Class started soon after that. Today was going to be a good day, I could tell.

~After school~

Brooklyn was waiting for me outside my last class waiting for me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to his car.

"What are you doing?" I giggled.

"I want to spend every minute of your birthday with you." He opened the door and I hopped in.

"Happy Birthday, love." Victoria exclaimed.

"Thank you." I smiled. Brooklyn looked at me and then grabbed my hand. The butterflies came back. I started blushing and I guess that Brooklyn noticed.

"You're cute when you blush." He whispered in my ear. That of course made me blush more. Once we got to their house, Brooklyn took me upstairs right away.

"You weren't joking about wanting to be with me every minute, were you?" I smiled.

"I was serious." He sat on the bed.

"What do you want to do?" I asked. He smirked.

"I have a special gift for you." He answered.

"I thought you already gave me my present." I laughed.

"I have more for you, silly." Brooklyn walked over to his closet and pulled out a huge box. He put it on his bed and then sat on the bed. I started to open it.

"You got me a keyboard??" I exclaimed.

"I did." He smiled. He helped me set it up in his room.

"Thank you, Brooklyn." I gave him a big hug. He held me tight and wouldn't let go.

"Play me something?" He pulled away. I sat down in front of the keyboard. I played "Rainbow Connection" because it was my favorite song to play.

"I've heard it too many times to ignore it.

It's something that I'm supposed to be.

Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection.

The lovers, the dreamers and me.

La da da di da da dum da duh da da dum di da ohh." I sang. Brooklyn started to clap for me.

"Beautiful." He declared.

"Brooklyn, it's ready!" Victoria shouted from downstairs.

"What's ready?" I asked. He smiled and took my hand. He led me down the stairs. Once we got to the bottom, he covered my eyes and walked me to the kitchen. He moved his hands from my eyes.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The Beckhams shouted. They had made me a three layered cake. The top layer was chocolate, the second was red velvet, and the last layer was confetti. It was decorated beautifully. The frosting was tiffany blue.

"You did this all for me?" I gasped.

"Of course we did." Brooklyn laughed. I sat down by Brooklyn and Harper. Harper started to dig into the cake with her hands and shoving it in her mouth. She is the cutest thing in the world. Brooklyn, Romeo, Cruz, and I went into the movie room after we had cake.

"Alright birthday girl, what movie do you want to watch?" Romeo asked.

"Oh my gosh! You have Nacho Libre!" I gasped. Brooklyn grabbed the disk and put it in. I forgot how funny this movie is. After the movie was over, I realized I had to leave.

"I'll walk you home." Brooklyn offered.

"Thank you for everything." I thanked Victoria and David before leaving. They gave me a big hug and then Brooklyn and I walked out. Brooklyn and I trailed off to my house. I didn't live far from him. So it was short. But, the walk was nice. It was silent the whole walk. Not the kind of silence where it's awkward and you want it to be over, but the good kind of silence. The one that you wanted to last for forever. Sadly, we had made it to my front door.

"Thank you, Brooklyn. You made my birthday the best ever." I broke the silence.

"Anything for you." Brooklyn was looking nervous.

"I should get inside." I started to walk in. Brooklyn grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"I have to tell you something." He looked me in the eyes.

"Go on." Was this it? Was he going to say he liked me?

"Peyton, I don't think I can hide my feelings toward you anymore. I have a huge crush on you." I froze. I didn't think he'd actually say it. I stood there trying to say something back, but I was too happy.

"I have a crush on you too." I stuttered. His face lit up. Brooklyn started to smile cheek to cheek.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked. I nodded my head. He pulled me into a hug. I didn't want to let him go. Finally, we let go.

"Goodnight, Brooklyn." I started to open my door. Brooklyn, once again, grabbed my hand. This time he turned me around and kissed me. I felt a thousand sparks fly between us. He pulled away after a little bit.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist." He laughed. He started to walk off. He turned back before leaving.
"How was that for your first kiss?" He winked.

"It was awful." I joked. Brooklyn's mouth dropped in shock.

"That was mean." He pouted.

"I'm kidding. It was nice." I blew him a kiss. He winked and walked off. I walked into my house and headed upstairs. Best birthday ever.