41

Jane

I pushed the cart down the frozen food aisle and placed a pint of ice cream in the cart. Harry grabbed one as well and stood behind me wrapping his arms around my waist. "Can we make lasagna tonight?" He asked. "Please?"

"Yeah, let's go get some sauce." I agreed walking down the supermarket.

It had been almost two weeks since I left home. I call my mom every day so she knows I'm not mad just sad at everything.

According to her, my dad was still upset. I tried to talk to him yesterday but he refused. It was odd for him to be so angry at me, but I knew eventually he would have to forgive me.

Harry looked around on the shelves looking at me for help until I pointed to one of the jars.

We walked to the check out lane while passing the baby aisle. "Look, love." He showed me a baby bottle that had little flamingos on it. "Do you think we'll have a girl or a boy because I want a girl."

"I feel like it's going to be a girl, but I'm not sure." We checked out and went back to his place.

I tried to help take the stuff inside, reaching for a bag, but he stopped me saying it was too heavy to be lifting. Inside Louis sat with Olivia on the couch watching t.v. and holding hands. "Hey, guys."

"Jane, how are you?" She got up to hug me. Olivia had seemed so much better now that she and Louis had begun dating. They seemed really happy together. I had yet to tell her that I was pregnant so she had no idea that I was basically living here.

"Great, we're going to make dinner if you guys want to join us." She asked if she could help so I finished a lot quicker than I would have with Harry. She put the lasagna in the oven for me and went to sit with Louis.

Lately, my back has been hurting and I've been feeling tired a lot. After Harry cleaned the counter I went to his room to lay down. I rested my head on his bed and kicked off my shoes, taking a deep breath and trying to get comfortable so I could power nap. He walked in and went to lay beside me.

"You okay?" He leaned against his hand beside me.

"Just feel really tired and I have heartburn." He put a hand on my stomach and rubbed small circles on it. My belly was barely beginning to show, but only if I lay down and pulled up my shirt. It was no bigger than when I was bloated.

"Next week the baby's hands start opening and closing. And then during week twelve, they start sucking their thumb." He scooted down to lay down near my stomach. "Hi, baby." I giggled as he kissed my belly. "It's daddy, yes it is. I love you so much, my little baby." He cooed. I smiled running my fingers through his hair. Suddenly I felt a flutter in my stomach. It was tiny so I didn't say anything. "So have you thought about the house?" Harry asked.

About three days ago we were driving through a small neighborhood that was renting out a small two-bedroom house. It was cute and fairly cheap for it being so close to the beach. The area was nice but I didn't really want to move yet. "Yeah, I want my mom to see it first."

"Yeah, well, she's sort of the one who told me about it." He said sheepishly. "Besides we're not going to find a nice place like that for that little rent." I agreed.

Tina, my mom's friend, called me back and told me to come to apply for the receptionist job and I did. My first day was in three days and I was excited. It felt nice to have a job so I could contribute to everything.

"Well, still I want her to look at it. I like it, we should go for it." He smiled kissing my lips. For the first time in a while, I felt this sense of relief as he kissed me. He pulled away and looked in my eyes. "When is the lease-up in this house?"