6

Jane

"Okay, so all I need you to do is go through each shelf and dust all the way around. Start from the back, and work your way to the front." My mom had decided to hire Niall part-time on Thursday's and Monday's when I had to work by myself. It was good because he could do all my least favorite things like cleaning.

He had started this Monday and after showing him everything there was to know about the library, he could finally get to work. "Alright then if you need me, I'm over there." He took his rag and ladder and headed to the back.

I heard the bell of the entrance ring and was caught off guard as Harry walked in. It was weirdly cold today being September and all, so a gust of cold air came in behind him. "Hey Harry, what are you doing here?"

He wore a leather jacket and had his helmet with him under his arm. "Need to use the computer again, I have an assignment due tomorrow and I need to type that speech for class." A kid ran past Harry and I called after him to slow down.

"We're a little busy today, do you want me to keep your helmet back here so no one touches it?" He handed it to me and I placed it under my desk behind my purse. "Did you work today?"

"Yeah just got off, I need to get this assignment done because I have to work tomorrow morning before school." Over the past few weeks, we had talked more and he began telling me about his work and how much he hated the guys he worked with. His boss was an old man who gave him the job because Harry was the only one who was good working with motorcycles.

"Okay well have fun." I joked as he went to sit down in front of the desk getting to work while I began going through a pile of donated books.

Niall was extremely helpful throughout the rest of the day. He was good at cleaning and took direction very well. "We're closing in fifteen minutes, ladies and gentlemen," I announced.

"Do you want me to put these boxes in the garbage?" Niall asked. I nodded too busy counting how many people signed up for September's book club.

"Jane?" Harry asked on the other side of the counter. "What are you doing on Saturday?" I looked up at him, his eyes burning into mine.

"Saturday?" I thought about it and knew my mom would want me to work. "Nothing after two, why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to go to the beach with me?" I was very fond of the beach, and it was supposed to be very nice and warm this weekend. Plus it gave me an excuse to see all of Harry's tattoos for the first time.

"Sure, sounds like fun." He smiled and stood there for a minute. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He stood there looking around, "what?"

"I sort of need my helmet." He said awkwardly.

I blushed, reaching down to pick it up and giving it back to him. He chuckled waving goodbye and left.

*
*
*

After we closed up Niall helped me straighten up the mess a group of kids made in the young adult section. "Hmm?" Niall said as he reorganized the books.

"What?"

"Some guy I saw outside when I took the boxes out, he looked familiar, and I think I just remembered where I've seen him." He stood up walking to the other side where all the books were out of place.

"What does he look like?" I wondered.

"He was in here, short brown hair, black long sleeves, black pants." I stopped and realized he was describing Harry. No one else came in here wearing a black long sleeve shirt except him.