36

Jane

The second day in Chicago and I already wanted to punch cousin Cathy in the face. We were currently in the city at a dress shop getting fitted for our dresses that she had picked out. Cathy was young, about Phoebe's age. She had dark hair and eyes like us, but her skin was more tan; fake tan I will say.

At first, I was confused about why she was getting married so soon, but as we got fitted, she held her stomach and excused herself to the bathroom where she puked. "She's totally pregnant," Phoebe said to me. "No way she would marry whats-his-face unless she was knocked up."

Since we arrived here, Phoebe had non-stop apologized to me for bringing up what she did. "You don't need to apologize, it's fine," I told her. So now we we're on better terms.

"Are you close with the bride?" The woman who kept stabbing me with those damn pins asked.

"We're cousins on my dad's side, but I haven't spoken to her in at least a year. Maybe it's because she's a raging bitch, or because she broke off the head of my Malibu Barbie when she visited California fourteen years ago." She smiled looking away awkwardly. "Actually scratch that it's the barbie thing, I loved that doll." She smiled shaking her head.

"Okay, we can get this off now." I lifted my arms and she took off the dress. I put on my shirt and went to sit down on one of the benches near the exit.

Cathy came back a minute later and sighed. "Okay, I feel better." She sat beside me. "Thanks for coming, honestly I'm glad you took the time out of your schedule to do it. Auntie Michelle says you've been busy with school, and work. She also mentioned a boyfriend." She said sweetly.

She had to have been certified crazy, ten minutes ago she yelled at Phoebe for not liking the color of the dresses. "Yeah don't mention it. She may have over exaggerated how busy I am." I joked.

"So you don't have a boyfriend, aww sweetie, you'll find someone." She patted my head. "Once you grow into your looks, I'm sure you'll meet someone... decent." Phoebe turned as she said that to me and gasped.

"Actually-" I began.

"Actually she is dating this tall, green-eyed, tattooed, chiseled like the statue of David man, who's British and she sees him naked-" my eyes widened.

"Phoebe!" I gave her a look. Cathy went back to her bitch attitude as she looked at me.

"Really? Well, where is this- what's his name?"

"Ha-" I was immediately cut off

"Harry." Phoebe interrupted me again.

I sighed. "Thank you, Phoebe." I turned to look at Cathy. "His name's Harry."

"And where is this 'Harry'?" She put up quotation marks with her hands.

"Back home in California, he had to work, so he couldn't come." Something about her face really annoyed me. "Do you want to see a picture?" Before she could answer I opened my phone and went straight to my gallery to scroll through my many photos of us being stupid I finally got to a sexy picture of Harry smirking into the camera. I showed it to her, smiling when she looked disappointed.

"Well... good for you." She said almost painfully. "I have to get going, I have a lot to do before the wedding. You guys are okay getting an uber right?"

After she left we paid for our dresses and went to a place across the street for pizza. "What the hell was that whole 'chiseled like the statue of David' stuff?" I asked my sister as we waited in line.

"Ugh, doesn't she irritate you. If you show her that you have a hot guy, and all she has is a potato looking ass bitch, she shuts up." We ordered my pizza and sat down to eat. "Listen, she's going to try and bring you down the whole time unless you show off something."