27

Jane

A few days later some bad news began to break. Carter was nowhere to be found. After Olivia pressed charges, police went to arrest him and he had disappeared with money he stole from his parents. To make things worse, Olivia found out he had a record and a history of violence. If he is found, on the other hand, he has three warrants for his arrest, so jail time is certain.

Today Harry and I decided to try and go out and think about something positive. Harry seemed pretty down for some reason, and I was beginning to feel bad that I offered to take him out in the first place. "Are you going to ask the guy for the spare part?" I asked him as he stood looking at motor oils for my car.

"Yeah, might as well I need my bike to work soon I hate getting rides." He grabbed a bottle of the oil and walked down the aisle of the store. It was getting closer to Christmas so I assumed that was the issue. Another reason was that Harry's mom began calling every day. At first, she would call and he would make Louis or myself answer it. We'd say he was working or in school and she would sound disappointed. Yesterday she called and I answered quickly asking me who I was so I told her.

"I'm not ready yet, just tell her I can't talk please?" He begged me.

I sighed taking the phone and answering. "Hello?"

"Hello, is Harry there?" Her voice was soft yet had a strong accent.

"Oh no, I'm sorry he's not available right now." I looked at him as he stared at the floor. "Who's calling?"

"This is Anne, his mother. Can you just tell me if he's alright, I know today must be hard for him." I looked over at him and he had his shoulders slumped and a look of confusion.

"Yes, he's okay, he just needs time," I said honestly.

"May I ask who this is?" She said curiously.

"This is Jane, his girlfriend," I said awkwardly.

"Well Jane, please take care of him until he can forgive me. And please tell him I forgive him as well."

"Jane?" I looked up and Harry had a box in his hand and a receipt in the other. "Let's go." I followed out into the rain where I opened the driver's side and quickly slid in. It was humid today, hot and rainy don't mix well.

My phone began ringing and when I noticed the number I quickly answered. "Hello...yes...oh okay...yeah It's fine...thanks anyways." I hung up looking down at my phone and Harry asked something but I stayed quiet.

"Jane?"

"I didn't get the job," I said disappointedly. "This sucks, I was trying to be happy today and now I feel like crap." I leaned back in the seat and felt his hand grab mine.

"Well, you'll find something soon baby. It's their loss, they're probably going to hire some moron." I smiled as he began talking about the company. "Screw them, let's go back to your place and I'll order us food."

As tempting as that was I knew for a fact everyone was home including my sister and her new annoying friend she made recently. "No let's go to your's, I need kisses." I pouted at him. "We have no privacy at my house."

"True." He agreed. I drove towards his house and luckily no one was home. I jumped on his bed and sighed in relaxation. He crawled over me and kissed my neck. "You said you wanted kisses." He reminded me. I placed my hands on his cheeks and pulled him to my face.

"Kiss me like you mean it," I told him, repeating what he has said to me on a few occasions. He pressed his lips to mine, slowly it turned urgent. He practically ripped off his shirt in a hurry. Just as I was about to unbutton my blouse his phone went off.