39*

Harry

Valentine's day was a day I've always avoided. Reason one was very simple; I've never been in love. Second, was that at a bar the day before Valentine's day was so depressing. Women would practically hunt me down for a date. Today was different, today was a better day. I was picking up flowers for my love and we were going to do something romantic. I had the whole day planned and I wasn't going to let anything ruin it.

"Harry?" I turned around and my head immediately began to hurt.

"Sara, hi." Sara was the closest thing I had to an 'ex'. We were never together, but she never lets me forget how she felt for me. I didn't really want to talk to her since she had upset Jane last time. To be honest, I don't remember half the time we spent together.

"Hi, how are you?" She asked as we both waited in line to buy flowers.

"Good just getting flowers for my girlfriend." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh, so you guys are still together?" She asked. I shook my head moving a space forward. "Well, that's probably going to be an automatic no." She said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her.

"Well I was going to say if you wanted to get dinner tonight, but it's Valentine's day." I rolled my eyes, was she serious? "I'm just getting flowers for my mom. If you want you can stop by after your date."

"Sara, you and I aren't as close as you once thought we were. I'm in a relationship now, and to be completely honest you make my girlfriend uncomfortable. I'm going to say no." She looked at me with her mouth slightly open.

"You're an asshole." She said crossing her arms. "What, you're so whipped that you can't hang out with an old friend?"

I turned away. "Don't be jealous that I'm whipped for someone else." She huffed as I paid for the giant bouquet of pink and white roses. I thanked the lady helping me and walked out. As I was getting in the car she ran out to find me.

"You know something, you told me you cared about me. You told me you loved me-" I looked at her as if she was crazy.

"I'm going to stop you right there!" I raised my hand. "I have never told anyone besides my mother, my sister, my aunt, and my girlfriend that I love them." She looked disappointed. "Goodbye, Sara." I turned to get in the car and she called my name. I rolled my eyes turning around.

"Screw you!" She slapped my face and called me something before turning to leave. I stood there shocked as she walked away. Great now I have to tell Jane what happened.

*
*
*

Jane's parent's had gone for a few days to a bed and breakfast so I decided to take the time to make Jane dinner. I made it to her house and Phoebe let me in. She was wearing her sweats and her hair was up in a bun. "Well Jane should be back in an hour, she's at the library." She said sadly. "I have to get dressed and go cover for her since she has someone who loves her." Her voice cracked. I raised an eyebrow not knowing how to comfort her.

"Uh, it's okay you are a strong independent woman who doesn't need a man-"

"Oh shut up! Of course, I don't need a man!" She exclaimed throwing her hands up. Phoebe was the opposite of Jane at times; Much louder and more upfront of her feelings. "I need to get laid. I mean even Jane is getting some- with you- but Jane literally has never had a Valentine's date and now she gets a good looking guy who treats her well, and according to her is really good in bed. I need to get me one of you!"

"Uh okay," I said awkwardly. "She said that?" I smirked. "What else did she say?"

"Ugh that you're just perfect with your good morning texts and flowers. You open doors for her and give a shit about her day, that's rare now. Just be lucky you have a good girl like Jane, or I'll kick your ass." She threatened me."Kitchens clean let's keep it that way." She shooed me and I couldn't help but laugh at her rant.