11

Jane

Olivia and I went shopping on Saturday looking for some new makeup and maybe some new jeans. All week Harry and I only saw each other at school. He looked tired blaming work and a big assignment for his English class as the reason. "I just remembered why I hated school so much." He said to me. Friday after class he walked me to my car and kissed my cheek catching the attention of Olivia.

"Shopping tomorrow, I want to hear everything." She said before I had a chance to drive home.

So that's what we were doing, shopping and gossiping. "So is he a good kisser?" She said a little too loud.

"Yeah, but can you keep the conversation between us?" I walked to one of the clothing racks nearby looking at a short black dress. "I really like him, but I'm scared that he might change." It was my only fear at the moment.

"It's a risk you sometimes have to take." I agreed, picking up the dress to try it on. She followed behind me and got into the next dressing room. "So I went out with that guy from the bakery, Carter." I raised an eyebrow even though she couldn't see me. "Well we're going out again, and I want you to meet him because I really like him."

The dress looked nice on me, but it was definitely something I would never wear. "Well we can get a coffee or something and you can invite him." I offered to try on some other options Olivia picked out for me.

"How about a double date?" I stopped pulling up my dress half way and widened my eyes. "Carter, Harry, you, and I." I pulled the dress up and walked out.

"Yeah no,' liv, I don't think Harry is the kind of guy to want to go on a double date. Besides we haven't even been on an actual date yet." She walked out wearing a white short dress and smirked.

"Well ask him out, jeez." Olivia, as nerdy as she was, could be so confident like no one could bring her down. She walked past me and grabbed my purse, taking my phone out.

"What are you-" she began texting him and I tried getting the phone back. "Why are you so tall?"

"I'm not tall, you're short." She lifted her arms up and smiled when she sent the text. "Okay done." I looked at the text and smacked her arm at what she wrote. I could literally die right now.

Me: hey big boy what are you doing tonight? ;)

"Olivia! I'm gonna kill you!" She laughed and I heard my phone go off.

Harry: Jane? Not much what about you?

Me: omg. That was Olivia sorry if that was weird. I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me, Olivia and her new boyfriend.

Harry: I figured it was her. What time?

I texted him the time and where we were going and he said that was fine. "See it all worked out," Olivia said in the dressing room. I rolled my eyes walking out in another dress and Olivia peeked to see. Her eyes widened and she smirked. "You're wearing that tonight Jane, buy it and wear it and I swear Harry will not be able to keep his hands to himself."

The dress was a tight-fitting black dress that reached just above my knee. It was a bit lowcut for my taste but I did look nice. "Suddenly I'm nervous," I admitted.

"Don't be, it'll be fun." I hope she was right.

*
*
*

I straightened my hair and wore the dress with a pair of tights and a small sweater to cover up just a little more. I wore a pair of boots that made me a bit taller too. Olivia and I drove to the restaurant that Carter had recommend. I recognized Harry's bike was parked towards the back of the big parking lot. Olivia put on some lip gloss and I took a deep breath checking to see if I had anything in my teeth. Walking towards the entrance I saw Harry, he wore a black button-up shirt and his hair was messy yet almost perfect. He didn't notice me until I was a few feet away. He smiled and opened his arms to hug me.