Chapter 82

Nathan opened the door to Ariana smiling sweetly at him. He forced a smile.

She opened her arms and hugged him tightly.

He wasn't going to lie. This hug felt really good. He needed a good hug. "Thank you for stopping by." He said then invited her in then closed the door.

"I am surprised no reporters were outside."

"I am lucky, I had Kev take care of that." He explained.

She cupped his face in her hands. "Are you sure you are okay?"

He felt a bit uncomfortable. "I just need time."

She nodded then saw the huge white piano in his living room. "Wow." she said then walked over and sat on the bench. "Beautiful."

Nathan sat beside her. "One of the reasons I love coming home."

He played a bit of a song he was working on.

"Is that yours?" she asked.

He nodded. "Yeah, been working on it for a while now."

She smiled. "Any chance I get a preview?"

He shook his head. "Not yet. It is not ready." He said then played it again. Ariana hummed along to it.

"Beautiful." he said then looked at her. "I should have you sing it instead."

She blushed. "It's yours Nathan."

He shrugged. "So how are things with you?"

She shook her head. "I am fine. I am here for you." She said then gently caressed his forearm. "But I will tell you that Scooter is nervous."

Nathan scrunched his face in confusion. "Nervous about what exactly?"

She sighed. "The future of The Wanted." She confessed.

HE rolled his eyes. "I am so sick of hearing about this. I am a god damn professional." He said then slammed the piano cover down.

Ariana just sat there and let him have his outburst. "Don't shoot the messenger."

He turned to her. "I am sorry, but everyone is acting like it is a done deal. Do you know how many groups carried on after inner breakups?"

She just stared at him and said nothing.

He held up his hand to count off groups. "No doubt, Paramore, Fleetwood mac...should I go on?"

Ariana stood up and walked over to him slowly. "I think, it is adorable that you know that and yes, many groups have carried on after breakups. I just think they are only concerned about The Wanted."

"I just need a few days and then I will go back and continue work. I sent a text to Tom telling him to let the lads know that I would be back to work in a few days."

"I think that is fair." She said then glanced around the room. "It is so quiet. I thought your mum or sister would be here"

"My sister is out with her 'boyfriend', he said with air quotes. "And my mum is out with Phil. Anniversary dinner or something." He explained.

She nodded.

"I am sorry I am not much of a host."

She rubbed his arm. "I don't expect you to do anything special. I just wanted to give you some company."

He smiled. "Thank you. I do appreciate it."

Her eyes widened. "I have a great idea. How about we watch a really horrible horror film and stuff our faces with popcorn?"